Newbie from Laguna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Laguna

Hi, I registered awhile back (May 2012) but I wasn't able to use the site as I intended (my tablet was stolen) but now I'm back with a Garmin Nuvi 40 (and my xperia) and finally I figured out how to help with the maps (sorry, I'm a bit slow hahahaha) so hopefully I can update the POI here in my area (a few establishments have come and some have gone) and help. I am still trying to find my way around the site but it'll happen soon. For now it's hello guys and girls and a lot of backreading.

Welcome to RG!

Cool that you figured out how to contribute, if you have questions please post here or at the relevant topic.

Just reminder, please make sure that you are using the latest demo map, as of now it's version 2.21.

Yes you are right, some newbies forget that deleting an already closed or moved or non existing POI is also a very important contribution as adding a POI to the map.

Also don't forget, road names, some roads in your area might have been just names or have been renamed. Another tip is to check out new villages or subdivisions in your area, usually they would have new road names or previously unnamed roads as well.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

I will, thanks for the tips. There are more than a few new subdivisions in LB, if I don't have a road trip on Saturday I should be able to walk around them and get road/map data and add them as points of interest. Thing is, I was reading a few threads regarding uploads and I don't have an option to map/point every 1 second. I only have a Garmin Nuvi 40. Pretty simple thing as I discovered, so simple it doesnt have a lot of options hahaha But I'll try my best. I know how it feels looking for an atm only to find the bank's not there, hahaha

Comment

Kuya rain, im also from Laguna (calamba)
        why don't you save all resort in LB and Pansol?! Some resort in our area are not updated in latest map version, Welcome to RG.
        Walang bisyo, TxT lang..

Comment

By the way were are in RG demo map 2.22 already please download and use this latest one for your reference.

Also regarding 1 sec tracks please try the two methods mentioned here:
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2263

If any of the two wont work, then maybe Nuvi 40 does not have it, then we will just post it as "does not allow 1sec tracking".

Note that RG admins might accept even non 1sec tracks if it is a completely new road. So worse case, please still go to those new subdivisions, and get even non 1 sec tracks and also the names of the roads, just put the names as waypoints.

You could also use your Xperia to record 1sec tracks, specially if you download Navitel. It's free to try anyway and even if you do not have the RG map you can still record 1sec tracks. read about it here:
          http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4420

I am an xperia user, actually I have two xperia phones and love them both, both are waterproof, what model do you have?

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

welcome to roadguide!!!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
            - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
            X