No announcement yet.

A Newbie from the other side of the pond but presently in Sto. Tomas, Batangas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Newbie from the other side of the pond but presently in Sto. Tomas, Batangas

Greetings and hope this finds all of you in the best of health.

Congratulations on a very comprehensive and well thought out website and active forum. It is great to know that there is a an avid following of users and contributors in this forum who dedicate their efforts into getting this system to work in a more refined manner.

Have been US based for some years and finally have come back to our native soil to hopefully call it home again . Have used GPS's for both land and air applications and have thorougly enjoyed the experience of knowing how to get to where you are going to and more importantly knowing where you are at any given time (situational awareness).

I have started the process of trying to download the necessary software such as the "Training Center", " Mapsource" and Roadguide but have encountered a bit of a problem. Hate to seek help on my first post but can't seem to get past the first stage of getting these maps loaded and being away for so long I tend to get lost easily . Have read the FAQ and followed the steps but still can't seem to get it. Any advice and direction will be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to seeng some of you folks down the road and safe travels to all.

Welcome home . Let's wait for the gurus to enlighten you more on Basecamp as this is the one I believe being used right now instead of Mapsource.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Maraming salamat sa pagkasagot - Yes, it is good to be home - even with all the typhoons - it is still a great place to be. I await the word from the gurus.

Comment

welcome to the forum bro, first off, you have to tell exactly how you did the installations and in which programs are you having problem with. for somebody to simulate your case, you need to specify also which operating system you are using and which mapsource version. mention too if you have anti virus system installed on your system. then we can try to help you solve your problem.
        ░░ N70º 14.821 E22º 20.847 ░░

Comment

Originally posted by kopyo321 View Post
          welcome to the forum bro, first off, you have to tell exactly how you did the installations and in which programs are you having problem with. for somebody to simulate your case, you need to specify also which operating system you are using and which mapsource version. mention too if you have anti virus system installed on your system. then we can try to help you solve your problem.
          Thank you for the reply Kopyo321 - it is truly encouraging that there is a very quick turnaround in response time on this forum.
          Please forgive my lack of computer and GPS knowledge - I know just enough to get me in big trouble . I will try to answer the questions the best I can:

I first read the FAQ on the forum then downloaded the Training Center, then downloaded Mapsource and tried to download the roadmap of Luzon.
          Once done with the training Center it started to load up and in the process I get an error message "MSI error- file not found" then it discontinues downloading. I downloaded Mapsource 6.13.

I am running Windows 7Pro on my Fujitsu Lifebook Laptop which has Intel-active Managementand security,Microsoft security essentials and Malewarebytes that is deactivated.
          As I look into my programs I see that I have listed under the Garmin folder the following: BaseCamp, MapInstall, MapSource Manual, Mapsource, UnlockWizard and WebUpdater.

I had a friend download roadguide forme while still in the US a few years ago on a 60CSx and it works great. I am now trying this on my own so that I can put it on the Garmin 478 so that I can have a bigger screen while driving around since these weak eyes I have are hard to deal with . And maybe if even possible to try to get it on an iFly 720.

Thank you in advance for the allowing me to be a part of this forum and taking advantage of the vast knowledge of its members.
          Frank

Comment

welcome to RG
            Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
            - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
              welcome to RG
              Thank you for the greetings - hope all is well on your end.

Comment

Good morning sa inyong lahat, sana nasa mabuting kalagayan kayo.

Still having trouble trying to get RoadGuide maps loaded on 478 tried again reloading training, mapsource, etc.... still same error message (see previous post) - SAKLOLO - planning a trip mid next week towards sagada and beyond and a gps with Philippine roads would really be of help.

Appreciate any and all advice /guidance that this forum has to offer.

Salamat po,
                Frank

Comment

Have you tried extracting the contents of the Mapsource already?
                  https://roadguide.ph/forums/showthre...6849#post36849

HTH

Comment

Welcome to RG.
                    Try to dig more infos in this forum...and hopefully you'll find the answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X