Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Sta. Rosa

Hi there,

I am a newbie in this forum and was introduced to the website/group by a friend.
    I purchased a GPS form the states but it did not come with a good and updated software
    map of the Philippines. The unit is actually a aviation GPS that has a capability to switch
    from aviation mode to vehicle mode, GARMIN AERA 500 Pacific. I tried and downloaded a different
    map from the web and used it for a while though I encountered some problems when using it in the
    vehicle mode. It shuts down the GPS unit and I did not know the reason why? Maybe incompatability?
    So I asked a friend and he introduce me to this website and I am quite happy with the initial free version
    of the map since it did not shut-down my unit unlike before. I am now studying how to be a contributor
    to the group since I travel a lot by air, land and sea. Thanks and good wishes to all.

Ka Inggo

Originally posted by Ka Inggo View Post
    Hi there,

I am a newbie in this forum and was introduced to the website/group by a friend.
    I purchased a GPS form the states but it did not come with a good and updated software
    map of the Philippines. The unit is actually a aviation GPS that has a capability to switch
    from aviation mode to vehicle mode, GARMIN AERA 500 Pacific. I tried and downloaded a different
    map from the web and used it for a while though I encountered some problems when using it in the
    vehicle mode. It shuts down the GPS unit and I did not know the reason why? Maybe incompatability?
    So I asked a friend and he introduce me to this website and I am quite happy with the initial free version
    of the map since it did not shut-down my unit unlike before. I am now studying how to be a contributor
    to the group since I travel a lot by air, land and sea. Thanks and good wishes to all.

Ka Inggo
    Welcome to RG Philippines, I am sorry I am unable to help you with the GPS unit problem, I just want to welcome you, I assume being a garmin that you can connect this to Basecamp? if so you can also use BC to check for software updates to your GPS unit??

http://www.garmin.com/en-US/shop/downloads/basecamp

John

Comment

Welcome to RG, KI!!

Kuya John, actually Inggo's problems was solved when I suggested he try the RG 1.07 and as he reported it worked okay so he is now hoping to get contri status to be able to try out our latest Map, which should work the same way as 1.07 (meaning no compatibility issues with his garmin unit), I hope

Anyway Inggo, if you have any questions please feel free to post in your intro page or in the relevant topics. I also noticed you already uploaded your first contribution.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

welcome to roadguide sir!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
        - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Help??

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          Welcome to RG, KI!!

Kuya John, actually Inggo's problems was solved when I suggested he try the RG 1.07 and as he reported it worked okay so he is now hoping to get contri status to be able to try out our latest Map, which should work the same way as 1.07 (meaning no compatibility issues with his garmin unit), I hope

Anyway Inggo, if you have any questions please feel free to post in your intro page or in the relevant topics. I also noticed you already uploaded your first contribution.

TTFN
          Arvin
          Arvin, maybe you can help me too. I posted here that I could not figure out how to utilize the program of RoadGuide to use on my Garmin. Where do I start? Will it actually work? Is it even worth doing considering I found that using the Google Nav on my Samsung S3 work very well when I was in Manila last year. Not only did it work in Manila but pretty much wherever I went outside Manila.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X