etrex user since 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

etrex user since 1999

Hello to the good folks here. Have some questions re garmin downloads to a nuvi 255w. Can I load an SD MMC card with this roadmap here and just plug it into the nuvi? I dont know how to attach the nuvi to a pc. Im thinking bluetooth (the nuvi supports it) other than that no other clue. Please advise.

Cant wait also to contribute to the database here covering the south portion of MM (where I live and work)

Thank you mods for taking the initiative with this site. You will help save thousands (well, maybe in a few years thousands ngayon dozens pa lang ) of drivers save fuel worth millions getting needlessly lost, now that technology is on our side.

Originally posted by ae92raybrig View Post
    Can I load an SD MMC card with this roadmap here and just plug it into the nuvi?
    yes. in a /garmin/ folder. if you use mapsource to send the map all will be done automatically

I dont know how to attach the nuvi to a pc. Im thinking bluetooth (the nuvi supports it) other than that no other clue. Please advise.
    usb cable.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Thank you mods for taking the initiative with this site. You will help save thousands (well, maybe in a few years thousands ngayon dozens pa lang ) of drivers save fuel worth millions getting needlessly lost, now that technology is on our side.
      Hope in no time you'll be saying We. Welcome to the forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
        Hope in no time you'll be saying We. Welcome to the forum...

Actually, I wanted to say WE. Just didnt want to come on too fresh...

Will help. Thank you for the warm welcome mods!

Comment

Oh, and thank you for the advise re USB cable. Oo nga naman

Comment

Working...
          X