Maams/Sirs need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maams/Sirs need help

i bought a new garmin nuvi 55lm from the netherlands, do i have to localize it to be able to use it?and how to download maps and poi's.thanks in advance to all!!

Welcome to RG.

No, there is no need to "Localize" your GPS unit.
    You just need to visit this FAQ page to prepare to download and then load the RG free map into your unit:
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...ot-for-Newbies

Then read on and learn how to become a contributor, so that you will be able to download the latest contributor's map, which is updated regularly.

50LM means life time map? In Netherlands? if correct, and if you are going back to netherlands, I suggest you keep updating your netherlands map, specially before you go to a trip there. Your unit should be able to accomodate both the Lifetime map updates and the RG map. For US versions the maps can be so big that it takes up all the internal space of the GPS, so we install the RG map in a microSD card instead, works okay too. Post again if you have any other questions, good luck localizing your GPSR

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Just download the free map and get a satellite lock and it will automatically show you where you are.

Originally posted by jesreel_08 View Post
      i bought a new garmin nuvi 55lm from the netherlands, do i have to localize it to be able to use it?and how to download maps and poi's.thanks in advance to all!!

Comment

Working...
      X