Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New-Amphibian

Hello All,

I am a long-time resident of the Philippines, more at home on the Sea than on the road, but my Filipino wife and I (Brit) love to travel and we have done a few bumbling road trips in the past with our 95 Nissan Patrol
    … Pagudpud/Banaue/Sagada/Kalibo-Ati-Ati-han/Iloilo/Guimaras

Now, we are planning the ultimate amphibious trip using the nautical highway from: Mindoro>Panay>Negros>Bohol>Cebu>Negros>Panay>Mindo ro>Luzon…. (leaving mid-September and allowing 6 weeks)

I discovered this site today after finding Borgie’s link to Lake Balanan …. Thanks Borgie

With my new Garmin (still in its box) I hope I can contribute to the general fund of knowledge and benefit from others who have gone before.

Just one basic question before I read all the newbie/mapping advice:

Is the GPS coordinate exchange because of the discrepancies between Garmin Maps and Google and what we want to provide members is “actual coordinates”…when on site? Is that correct?

I will start a new thread “Visayas Ro/Ro Trip 2014” to bring this info together, (I guess under Tourism) and will share what I have found out so far.

Cheers! Fred.

Welcome to Roadguide Fred! Glad to know that that link led you to Roadguide and looking forward to your new thread “Visayas Ro/Ro Trip 2014”.

Re your query "Is the GPS coordinate exchange because of the discrepancies between Garmin Maps and Google and what we want to provide members is “actual coordinates”…when on site? Is that correct?", I think the discrepancies were with older Google satellite imageries, those taken before 2010 mostly. With Google's latest imageries, tracks generated by our Garmin GPS, that fits right on our Garmin maps, are almost spot on when viewed in Google Earth. So, you can contribute the actual coordinates generated by your GPS. HTH

Comment

hi! welcome to roadguide!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
      - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
      X