Rgp noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rgp noob

Just purchased a garmin 705 for cycling and other POI navigation and I am planning to visit Philippines ... my wife is a Filipina and stay at cavite

She says it is a good place not only to cycle but to ride motorbikes as well so I am planning to use the device to see and search places in Philippines

Thanks all for accepting

Welcome to Roadguide!!!

Yes, lots of very nice biking places here where you can put your edge 705 to good use.

Comment

If Uncle Google is correct, 705 can accept street maps and so you can load the RG 2.0 free map into a microSD card and then into your unit.

Read how to get the map here:
      http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...ot-for-Newbies

As of now we are suggesting that you use Basecamp, as it is easier to install compared to Mapsource which us oldies prefer just because we are so used to it.

You posted other questions in the hiking and biking threads. Of course your GPS will get be able to guide you. If you like to travel, then hopefully you can also start contributing to RG, which when you get contributor's status, you can download the latest map which is more up to date and will contain your own contributions.

Cavite is Huge, but if you go motorbiking along the coast of Manila bay, there are parts there that are quite nice, around Puerto Azul, Caylabne and Hamilo coast.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

hi! welcome to RoadGuide!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
        - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
        X