Hello from Paranaque :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Paranaque :)

Hi to all. Dwight here signing in sirs after using Garmin XT borrowing my wife's N95, she got annoyed already and asked me to buy a true Garmin, hence hello Nuvi 760

My GPS usage range from provincial trips and getting around the Metro, currently working as channel business executive for a nutrition, health and wellness food company handling sales. Discovering this forum through a friend has been a big help and tons of benefits for work and personal use. Kudos to admin and forumers!

Just a stupid question sirs been meaning to ask, how can I know if the waypoints, tracks and routes I plan to contribute are relevant, thinking it might already be in the upgraded map anyway, something like a catch 22 thing. anwesring myself.. my guess is that's why there is a judge to approve and dissapprove, so just send. (need validation)

Got a lot of backreading to do, and looking forward to being a relevant contributor. Thanks!

Dwight
    Last edited by dwight_zap; 07-03-2009, 12:16.

hi dwight,
    hello and welcome
    to answer some of your question. get the mapsource first then dl the 1.06 demo map
    the 1.06 demo map will serve as basis if the waypoint(s) is already there

dont upload waypoint thats already there or else dual entry will occur

good day to you sir
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

yes sir I thought of that, but even after that version Im sure meron unpublished na updated na with contributions. I'll do my best to contribute and help out.

byahe na sa probinsya! now I'm excited to do provincial assignments, hehe

Comment

Hi dwight and welcome to roadguide.ph. Glad to know the map has helped you a lot in your provincial trips. You'll appreciate the map better if and when you get the contributor's map . So what are you waiting for... go out and map, then send in your contributions so you get the upgraded map asap ... be sure though to read the FAQs and "How to's" so you get to do it right...

Comment

Originally posted by dwight_zap View Post
          yes sir I thought of that, but even after that version Im sure meron unpublished na updated na with contributions. I'll do my best to contribute and help out.

byahe na sa probinsya! now I'm excited to do provincial assignments, hehe
          You're right, it can happen that what you might contribute is already contributed for the next version. But don't worry, as long as what you contribute is not on demo 1.06, your uploads are as valid as the ones before you even if they are duplicates. We'll not take it away from you as we understand that your basis map is already "obsolete". Keep them coming and you'll be a contributor in no time.

Comment

Will do, thanks sirs!

Comment

hi dwight,

since you're going to the province, might as well check if your unit have the 1s track

check this out : http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384

sayang kasi... since you're going, might as well..... save the track if you have the 1s track

happy trip and Godspeed
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

all information answered already hmmmmmmmm........ can i just welcome you to roadguide and invite you for a couple of brown bottles pokz is paying hehehe.......

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  hi dwight,

since you're going to the province, might as well check if your unit have the 1s track

check this out : http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384

sayang kasi... since you're going, might as well..... save the track if you have the 1s track

happy trip and Godspeed
                  Hi HBT thanks for reminding, I posted in that thread na before (page 6):

"wohoo! my nuvi 760 is ready for 1s tracking right out of the box, just followed that 1234 tapping , the word is not junction but "intersection" , just funny I didn't get it the first time "

@ sinned, thanks for the invite bro, looking forward to join any upcoming EB's. By the way, I'm a member of www.jazzcityunited.org, Honda Jazz and City owners meet every 1st Sunday of the month at The Fort. I think there are at least 3 of us with GPS fitted cars in the club, just sharing perhaps some here drive the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X