Micro EB in Bohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro EB in Bohol

Just wanted to report that I was lucky enough to meet up with a few RG members in Bohol.

Met up with two nice Gentlemen: Canman and Kenny (sorry didn't get your user name for RG), and I were able to meet up for an hour or so to talk about Mapping and RG.

Canman's Nuvi 500 series is something to drool at, and it won't get broken by the drool either as it is waterproof. Canman confirms that easter egg is possible on the 500, using 1234 system, so will update our database.

Was able to give tips on how to transfer the 1sec log tracks (GPS.bin) to his laptop and use Wnutrak to convert to gpx. Also told them that during my countryside tour I noticed that the bridges are not well plotted yet, plus municipal halls and such.

The two members have nice bikes and assures us that in time they should be able to give us updates of WP and tracks of Bohol area

To Canman and Kenny, please do not hesitate to PM me if you have questions, of course post questions in the appropriate topics in the forum as well the Gurus will be able to help you better than I, my main purpose is to show you in person how to use mapsource as HBT did for me, helped me a lot, though I sure didn't do justice with my quick and unsystematic approach in teaching

TTFN
    Arvin

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
    Just wanted to report that I was lucky enough to meet up with a few RG members in Bohol.

Met up with two nice Gentlemen: Canman and Kenny (sorry didn't get your user name for RG), and I were able to meet up for an hour or so to talk about Mapping and RG.

Canman's Nuvi 500 series is something to drool at, and it won't get broken by the drool either as it is waterproof. Canman confirms that easter egg is possible on the 500, using 1234 system, so will update our database.

Was able to give tips on how to transfer the 1sec log tracks (GPS.bin) to his laptop and use Wnutrak to convert to gpx. Also told them that during my countryside tour I noticed that the bridges are not well plotted yet, plus municipal halls and such.

The two members have nice bikes and assures us that in time they should be able to give us updates of WP and tracks of Bohol area

To Canman and Kenny, please do not hesitate to PM me if you have questions, of course post questions in the appropriate topics in the forum as well the Gurus will be able to help you better than I, my main purpose is to show you in person how to use mapsource as HBT did for me, helped me a lot, though I sure didn't do justice with my quick and unsystematic approach in teaching

TTFN
    Arvin
    nice.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

thanks for the mention and being a good ambassador
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Comment

I don't know about "good ambassador" you'll have to ask Canman and Kenny about that

Just trying to assimilate more RG members... resistance if Futile!

Comment

Heya Arvin,

I have my new-year holiday in Bohol and over 200 POI's now stored in my GPS are just screaming to be contributed to roadguide. Concentrated on schools (because in the prvince they often follow the name of the Brgy they are located), municipals, fuel stations, vulcanizing and hospitals.
            Expect to be home on January 5-6 and contribrute a few days later.....

Best wishes everybody!

Barend

For Canman & Kenny, is it possible you PM me? I am also driving a bike here in the Phils and maybe nice to team up for rides........
            Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Wow 200 WPs!!! I feel ashamed that I have only submitted maybe 10% or less of that when I went through Bohol, but to my defense I only really had 1 day of going around the rest was spent at the resort

I did contribute a few schools as well, but just contribute what you have when ready, so that Kuya Doki will be able to double check if my contributions are correctly placed vs. your WP

Enjoy your stay in Bohol, we did! Hope you get to meet up with Canman as well.

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Iloilo-city View Post
                Heya Arvin,

I have my new-year holiday in Bohol and over 200 POI's now stored in my GPS are just screaming to be contributed to roadguide. Concentrated on schools (because in the prvince they often follow the name of the Brgy they are located), municipals, fuel stations, vulcanizing and hospitals.
                Expect to be home on January 5-6 and contribrute a few days later.....

Best wishes everybody!

Barend

For Canman & Kenny, is it possible you PM me? I am also driving a bike here in the Phils and maybe nice to team up for rides........
                Are we talking mountain bikes or motorcycles? If it's the latter, count Beerboy and me.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                  I don't know about "good ambassador" you'll have to ask Canman and Kenny about that

Just trying to assimilate more RG members... resistance if Futile!
                  Hey Arvin, sorry such a long absence after your nice comments and helpful meeting with us when you were here in Bohol. I took a trip over to Cebu and Negros on my bike after new year's and was very excited to have some new tracks to upload but on my return trip my Nuvi stopped working. Obviously there wasn't much gps-related i could do after that so I didn't check in much with the forum. I ended up having to send my unit to Taiwan and finally received a replacement a couple of days ago. Apparantly my unit could not be repaired so they sent me a brand new unit. As a result of course I have to start over from zero. I have already loaded the basic east and west visayas maps and took a lengthy road trip here in bohol yesterday with the 1-sec tracking recording every step of the way. We went all the way to Talibon on the northern most point of Bohol and many places in between there and Tagbilaran.

Anyway yes I can definitly vouch that you are indeed a great ambassador for this project and I really appreciate the time you spent giving me tips on how to contribute as well. I have probably forgotten over half of what you showed me so be prepared for questions....I'll search here of course first before bugging you too much

Cheers, Steve

Comment

To Iloilo-City, Triggerfish and Beerboy....

If you guys want to team up for rides (yeah motorcycles not mountain bikes) just pm me and let's see if we can make arrangements....

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                      To Iloilo-City, Triggerfish and Beerboy....

If you guys want to team up for rides (yeah motorcycles not mountain bikes) just pm me and let's see if we can make arrangements....

Steve
                      Yep, motorcycles...... we keep in touch, maybe back in Bohol end March, beginning April.... one of the nicest islands to ride.
                      Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Working...
                      X