Free garmin maps for your gps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free garmin maps for your gps

I want to share with you this website I found online that has FREE maps of Europe, The Americas, Africa, Asia and Oceania for Garmin GPS.

http://www.mapsntrails.com/en

Not only maps but also trails and tips and tools to make GPS fun! Check it out.

By the way, it has several Hong Kong maps, Liv!

Unfortunately, the one I am looking for "Taiwan" is not available. Maybe I will find it when I get there. Hope it is not in chinese characters.

And yes, Roadguide Philippines garnered almost 3.6 stars from 5 votes.

Are you familiar with this website, Jan?

riverbypalm

Originally posted by riverbypalm View Post
    Unfortunately, the one I am looking for "Taiwan" is not available. Maybe I will find it when I get there. Hope it is not in chinese characters.

riverbypalm

helo riverbypalm , sorry to say taiwan maps are in chinese characters they have several brands and all are in chinese .
    the whole 16 mos i was lerking around for a GPS and all maps are not in ENGLISH , even some of the units can be switch to english menus but when finding locations you need to type in chinese for the unit to find the routes and navigates

Comment

Philippines.shapefiles

I downloaded the Philippines.shapefiles so that I can use in my GIS. The resolution is not so good. The coastlines are jagged and some of the islands are categorized as water bodies.
      d1754
      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
        I downloaded the Philippines.shapefiles so that I can use in my GIS. The resolution is not so good. The coastlines are jagged and some of the islands are categorized as water bodies.
        Hi d1754. I have a kmz file of merged Philippine cities/municipalities that i converted from shp files, not sure if they're of much better resolution than the ones you have though. I also have barangay shp files that are of better resolution than the cities/municipalities file but they are not 100% complete for the Philippines. You can PM me if you want a copy...

Comment

Thank you Borgie. Actually I have the shape files up to baranggay level. I am just curious about this Philippine shapefiles.
          d1754
          "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
          those who accept it avoid the snares of death
          . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Working...
          X