Northern Samar Catarman Runway photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Samar Catarman Runway photo

Only at Catarman, see attached photos of runway which open to traffic (in the afternoon only) background is the police car location is near end of runway, we have crossed the runway

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
    Only at Catarman, see attached photos of runway which open to traffic (in the afternoon only) background is the police car location is near end of runway, we have crossed the runway
    that means no flight in the afternoon.

it was in the news before a similar runway somewhere in vis or minda...one plane landing was derailed by a car with a student driver practicing in the runway....
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
      that means no flight in the afternoon.

it was in the news before a similar runway somewhere in vis or minda...one plane landing was derailed by a car with a student driver practicing in the runway....
      This is the one. hehe :

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
        lol i know that place hehe my mom is from northern samar
        *** Ohhh it's the one and only SioKoy!!! ***

Comment

This topic is a bit old, but was referred to it recently.... hehehe I grew up there, but have been away since Highschool.

I have heard of incidents and accidents in that runway, but didn't know it was a student driver! I also heard that once during an approach some crazy person crossed the airport. Sheesh! Yup only in Catarman. We used to go jogging there early in the morning. As late as 2008 we were still able to go on the tarmac itself and fly kites, there are lots of vendors to boot, but recent information said that they have disallowed people from loitering. The old main road JP Rizal st goes across the airport, which was actually before the end of the runway, but they extended the runway that is why JP Rizal ended up cutting across it. There is now a big gate that is closed from 7am to 5pm but is open to traffic between those times.

TTFN
          Arvin

PS. Kuya JS can't see the photo, probably was taken off?
          Last edited by arvin555; 09-16-2010, 23:20.

Comment

lot of photos got lost when we migrate before
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks for the clarification HBT. Okay so that there is a photo in here, I'll post one taken of my daughter and her cousins playing (Flying a kite) ON the Tarmac. Apparently you can't do this anymore these days.

TTFN
              Arvin
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X