My Garmin GPSMap 76Csx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Garmin GPSMap 76Csx

This is my GPSmap 76Csx mounted in the aircondition vent of my car. I buy the mounting in Ace hardware.
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
    This is my GPSmap 76Csx mounted in the aircondition vent of my car. I buy the mounting in Ace hardware.

hi sir d1754,

are the vents blade strong enough to hold the unit?
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi d174,

Extreme cold may cause condensation on the electronic parts after the aircon has been shut down or after the window is opened that may cause corrosion on the metal parts or may cause short circuit and electronic malfunction.

Better move away from the vent.
      See FAQ for Newbies below
      Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
        Hi d174,

Extreme cold may cause condensation on the electronic parts after the aircon has been shut down or after the window is opened that may cause corrosion on the metal parts or may cause short circuit and electronic malfunction.

Better move away from the vent.
        The mounting may cause some scratch/marks on the air vents blade later,worst the blade might me misaligned too. just like our air fresheners installed in vents so I prefer windshield mount via cup suction

Comment

Thanks for sharing d174. I've been looking for such a mount for my phone but haven't really found one with the suction mount here in our place. So what i did was to DIY using air vent clips from a car freshener & a molded pvc holder (from pvc electrical pipes) and it works. But Roadguide 2000's post got me thinking. Guess i need that suction mount afterall...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
            Thanks for sharing d174. I've been looking for such a mount for my phone but haven't really found one with the suction mount here in our place. So what i did was to DIY using air vent clips from a car freshener & a molded pvc holder (from pvc electrical pipes) and it works. But Roadguide 2000's post got me thinking. Guess i need that suction mount afterall...
            I think the gps can withstand the condensation, its waterproof (IPX7)anyway. It even floats in water. For the phone installation, since its not too heavy,might be ok for vent installation, but again your phone ,there is no ingress protection

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
              hi sir d1754,

are the vents blade strong enough to hold the unit?
              I think it is strong enough. For the condensation issue, I think the 76Csx is waterproof. Anyway, I remove the GPS when I leave the car. What worry me is the extreme temperature when it is in the open parking.
              d1754

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                Yeah, me too. I read from one of the thread that the suction is available in CDR King, but I went to 5 of their branch and can not find one, so I settle for the vent clip.
                d1754

Comment

the problem with the suction cup mount is it sometimes will cause the tint to peel off. I think the best solution still is the friction mount
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I think it is strong enough. For the condensation issue, I think the 76Csx is waterproof. Anyway, I remove the GPS when I leave the car. What worry me is the extreme temperature when it is in the open parking.
                    76csx? super tibay nyan! you should be more worried about magnanakaws if you leave your unit in your car!

Comment

Working...
                    X