From the Coast to the Mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Coast to the Mountains

Offroad ride to Dinadiawan, Baler (1st night), crossing over to Nagtipunan and Madela in Quirino, quick pass through Santiago, Isabela and then to Paracelis, Mt. Province (2nd night). Third day was most gruelling, riding from Paracelis thorugh Natonin, Barlig, Bontoc and then Sagada (3rd night).

I know you guys are tired of me saying this..... Ganda ng Pilipinas!

Approaching the Aurora Coast

Resting in Nagtipunan, Quirino

Refuelling at Paracelis bote-bote. "Batog Ko Linis Ko", so true.

Typical terrain from Paracelis to Barlig. Must be exciting to ride through here again during the rainy season.

Creepy scene from Shake, Rattle and Roll...

"Giant! Giant!" - What the playful kids said when they saw me.

The hills are alive.....in the Mountain Province...

Comment

Wow, what else can i say... "ang ganda talaga ng Pilipinas!" . I envy you guys going places while we're here, our noses stuck to the grind stone, hehe. Wish i can do that kind of trip before the time comes when the spirit is willing but the body is weak. Looking at those muddy offroads brought back memories about 20 years back, riding MC's going to and in mountain road projects that we did, rain or shine. Although that was work, it was no less fun scrambling up and down newly opened roads. I can still remember how i used to put chains on the tires to improve it's grip on the mud, and encountering mud that sticks to your tires so much so that you can't move and you have to stop and remove the mud. And the mountain views? Priceless. Wish i could do it again, this time not for work but for the joy of it...

Thank you very much for sharing Beerboy

Comment

@beerboy- wish i had your time......

@kuya bai borge- 20 years ago! hmmmmm.......
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

nice pics again, kuya beerboy!
          thanks for sharing.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thank you. Good to know that there are still those who appreciate the beauty of the Philippines.

Btw, I uploaded the missing segment from Paracelis to Barlig in the upload section.

Comment

Sir Beerboy, wow!! I envy you.. I wish to do this kind of adventure someday. you got lovely pics as well...

If i may ask, what is your GPS unit? Reason I am asking is because I wanna know how you solve the power problem that I am having. unlike with cars, motorcycles do not have a power output which i could plug in the unit. How do you power your unit for such a long drive?

Thanks in advanced!!

My unit is nuvi 760 and it only lasts 3-4hrs on navigation mode with light dimmed to 40%, blue tooth and fm transmitter turned off.

(i know nuvi is not ideal for motorcycles, but i have to improvise to be able to use my one and only unit.)

Comment

Originally posted by ravewave View Post
                Sir Beerboy, wow!! I envy you.. I wish to do this kind of adventure someday. you got lovely pics as well...

If i may ask, what is your GPS unit? Reason I am asking is because I wanna know how you solve the power problem that I am having. unlike with cars, motorcycles do not have a power output which i could plug in the unit. How do you power your unit for such a long drive?

Thanks in advanced!!

My unit is nuvi 760 and it only lasts 3-4hrs on navigation mode with light dimmed to 40%, blue tooth and fm transmitter turned off.

(i know nuvi is not ideal for motorcycles, but i have to improvise to be able to use my one and only unit.)
                Hi ravewave, thanks for the compliments.

I use a Zumo 450 (considered kinda old already), mounted on RAM Mounts which came along with the unit. I used the power cable that came along with it and wired it directly to the battery. I use a standard "Tamiya" plug set, female from the power source and male to the Zumo. For the car, I have a cigarrete lighter plug connected to a female Tamiya plug.

Kuripot kasi.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post

I know you guys are tired of me saying this..... Ganda ng Pilipinas!

talaga

I enoy your pics.
                  That is one of my dreams - with the motorbike through the philippines.
                  You do right, live your dreams.

Regards
                  Ruediger

Comment

Originally posted by Lupao View Post
                    talaga

I enoy your pics.
                    That is one of my dreams - with the motorbike through the philippines.
                    You do right, live your dreams.

Regards
                    Ruediger
                    Thanks Ruediger.

Life is short....don't get lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X