Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable Dash Holder for Nuvis

Hi, all.

I saw a portable dashboard holder for phones, GPS, PSP, etc. from CDR-King @ 680. The mechanism is similar to the Garmin Portable Dashboard mount. The bottom part is heavy to prevent it from slipping while driving. The item is bulky (I am actually not sure if it will fit in my dash - hehehe). I think this would be a good alternative to the winshield mount (I am worried that my tint may be damaged by the windshield mount in time).

I'm interested in buying one but I would like to get some feedback first.

TIA.
    Attached Files

Mounting of Zumo and 62st

Few photos attached. Normally use Zumo in my Pajero with dash mount and on my Honda ST1100 with RAM mount. The bike is 20 years old and I have owned from new in UK. Zumo is wired into bike electrics. Just bought 62st when I was in UK - one of first units to reach there. I have mounted it in a univerals windscreen mount in the Pajero to compare screen outputs between the units. Normally use windscreen mount for I-pod. Bought the 62st mainly for use on my KTM 530 which I hope to use to record off road trails and because I wanted 1sec track feature which is not on Zumo. Also have RAM mount on KTM but not connected to electrics - so Zumo only last 2-3 hours.
    Still playing with the 62st and will do a "test report" later. However whilst I am very pleased with the unit, the screen display is only half as bright as the Zumo and I think that is going to cause problems in strong sunlight. Also can only load part of the map on the unit. Putting in N. Luzon is OK but if I try to put in full map, it cannot unlock. Also found have to set interface to Garmin Spanner to transfer data.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X