Adventure Riding 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adventure Riding 101

Some people who meet online are fine with meeting up for coffee or tea.

Not these boys. After a little persuasion, they ride with me on their their first multi-day adventure ride.

Meeting up on the NLEx, we proceed to the offroad route to Baler, Aurora via Bongabon, N.Ecija. A landslide lets us rest for a few minutes while we watch two payloaders clear our path. Lunch was at Bay's Inn by the beach. We proceed to Dinadiawan, Aurora, a scenic ride via the coastal route, enjoying the majestic views of the Pacific Ocean. The night is spent at a quaint resort called the Sand and Rock Beac Resort run by a nice couple. We were so tired that we just drank our beers on their manicured front lawn. We had lots of grilled fresh Blue Marlin and squid for dinner and pulutan. A good ride, good company, good food and cold beers: my definition of a good day.

Second day of the adventure took us through the towns of Nagtipunan and Madella in Quirino Province. With a larger bike this time, I felt that the offroad part was longer than usual. Nevertheless, Bruno the R1200GS ran like a carabao in heat ready for action. Reaching civilisation in Cordon, Isabela we stop to rest at the immaculately clean Total Gas Station. Service par excellance, they can show the big three how to treat their customers.

Riding up to Banaue was a breeze with paved roads.... but we had to do a few more kilometers of unpaved road going to Bontoc and about 14kms of "jack-hammer" unpaved roads to finally reach Sagada. The night is spent at Churya-A Inn, where we had the whole place to ourselves. Late lunch was at the Yogurt House (yes they serve more than Yogurt). Dinner was at the Log Cabin in town. Food was so-so, though a bit crowded and the servings were a little disappointing. A bottle of wine did wonders though.

On the last day, we ride down via Halsema Highway, stop for pictures at the Highest Point in the Philippine Highway System and endure the traffic in Trinidad before entering Baguio. The day got uncomfortably warmer as we ride through the towns of Pangasinan and Tarlac, before entering the SCTex. I bade farewell to the ripe adventure riders Daniel, Jojo and Ernest as I take the Clark Exit.

Until our next adventure, rest well my new friends.

Comment

For Geo-Tagged Photos, check out : http://www.panoramio.com/user/4260158

Comment

thanks for sharing again, kuya teng.
        as usual great trip and pics....and nice bike too.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

You have done it again as usual kuya . Thanks for sharing

Comment

Beerboy

Awesome ride and pics on the river crossing, thats definitely one nasty pana you got there

Comment

Thanks guys.

Apex, that's not a pana (arrow) anymore, it's a harpoon.

Comment

Thanks for sharing kuya teng ... as usual, looking at the pics we go wow again and wonder if ever we can live our dreams like you do, hehe ...

Comment

Thanks Borgie. Being an entrepreneur has it perks... you take off if you want to, but then it has its downs.... problems don't go away after 5pm...

Comment

Working...
                  X