Lake Balanan Resort in Siaton, Negros Oriental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Balanan Resort in Siaton, Negros Oriental

Sharing some pics i took of the lake and the very nice swimming pools...

Boats like outrigger bancas, pedal boat, and a motorized boat can be rented here...

The resort's restaurant where you can order home cooked meals...

The multi-purpose function hall for conferences and seminars...

Comment

And the best place to be in the resort, the spring fed swimming pools...

Imagine swimming in a pool of cool potable spring water... water that you can actually drink from... that's what you experience at the Balanan swimming pools.

There are 3 infinity pools btw, each fed separately from the spring's source. The spring has been a source of drinking water for the locals eversince the lake was formed in 1925 during an earthquake. With the help of the provincial government, they've put up a cooperative that bottles and sells the mineral water.

The Lake Balanan resort was developed by the provincial government thru the initiatives of our good Governor who started building the resort during his term as congressman, which he continued when he became governor to what it is now. A very nice place to unwind and relax...

Swimming btw is not allowed in the 25 hec. lake, only boating activities. Hiking trails have been developed along the lakes perimeter and the highlight of the trek is a very nice waterfall located about 200 meters south of the upstream side of the lake. If visitors want to stay overnight, there is a 4-bedroom hotel available. And for the more adventurous, tree house with CR and a bed is available. The tree is a balete tree... . There's also restaurant managed by the local coop that can cook your meals so food is not a problem.

The Lake Balanan resort is about 50kms south of Dumaguete in Siaton, then a road spanning 10kms leads up to the resort. When i was there, i saw two cars that braved the uphill terrain and arrived safely at the resort . But best to get there riding a 4x4...

Comment

yah... nothing beats a 4x4 vehicle...

sir borgie, taga-negros ka ba?

Comment

taga Negros...

Comment

Sir when you get to Bacolod hehehe.... Didnt know you were from Negros.

Comment

Was there last month for a quick business day trip. Gathered a couple of tracks and waypoints along the way too. If i go to Bacolod and can stay for longer, i'll pm you, mini eb tayo with other Occidental Roadguiders...

Comment

Working...
              X