Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some weather we're having now (9-26-2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some weather we're having now (9-26-2009)

I hope everybody's safe.

I'm currently stranded at Waltermart Munoz. EDSA-northbound approaching Balintawak is hopelessly underwater. I got stuck there for half an hour or so. Since I got there, water has been rising at a rate of approx. 1 inch every 10 mins. By the time I felt that the water has reached my car's tailpipe, I decided to do something... anything. I then asked some locals to setup a ramp on the center island so I can cross over to the southbound lane. Gave him a hundred bucks. That's cheap compared to the kind of damage the flood would make if it got inside the car or the expensive engine electronics.

Anyway, I got here without getting my sneakers wet. if anybody's within the vicinity, I could use some company. The 1st non-alcoholic drink is on me.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Tried to go to my dad's place in Katipunan. Areas in T. Morato, Timog, Kamuning are flooded....
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. - A.E.

Comment

yep some weather...
      reiji0463, hbt, pokz, jspalaroan, boss jan - stuck in subic
      liv - left subic 7am this morning, still stuck at shaw blvd at the moment
      suntzu - left subic this morning, stuck somewhere in nlex
      razorspells - where are you pare?
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

ANC news update... Almost all of Luzon under state of calamity due to floods... Marikina residents flee their homes, record high flood levels reported... According to PAGASA, rains expected to ease up tomorrow morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          ANC news update... Almost all of Luzon under state of calamity due to floods... Marikina residents flee their homes, record high flood levels reported... According to PAGASA, rains expected to ease up tomorrow morning...
          Thanks Borgie.
          Hopefully will ease up tom.
          We're back here at Vasco's.
          Trekker, Jan, HBT, Pokz, Jsp and me are in attendance...chilling away out the storm...according to Trekker, we are having 15-20knots wind speed here...30-40kph.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            Thanks Borgie.
            Hopefully will ease up tom.
            We're back here at Vasco's.
            Trekker, Jan, HBT, Pokz, Jsp and me are in attendance...chilling away out the storm...according to Trekker, we are having 15-20knots wind speed here...30-40kph.
            Good company and place to chill out, extended eb pa, nice... according to PAGASA, ondoy is somewhere over Zambales right now... ingat guys.

News footages show flooding almost everywhere in Luzon, lots of vehicles in metro manila seen submerged, some almost up to roof level. Hope it'll subside sufficiently tomorrow & the roads and bridges are still passable...

Comment

Whew! Just got home. It took me 2.5hrs to travel 3km. My automotive computer posted the worst fuel economy to date at 4.13 km/L. But I'm home now and I'm not complaining.
              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

hi Reiji0463, I'm stuck like everyone else but not feeling well...
                Anyway if anyone of you guys are planning to hit the road.. drive safely!

yep some weather...
                reiji0463, hbt, pokz, jspalaroan, boss jan - stuck in subic
                liv - left subic 7am this morning, still stuck at shaw blvd at the moment
                suntzu - left subic this morning, stuck somewhere in nlex
                razorspells - where are you pare?

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
                  hi Reiji0463, I'm stuck like everyone else but not feeling well...
                  Anyway if anyone of you guys are planning to hit the road.. drive safely!
                  get well soon, raze!

Comment

Thanks Reiji0463..

get well soon, raze!

Comment

Hi guys, are you all in Manila now? I just arrived home and I'm damn tired... Anyway just checking on all of you...

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
                        Hi guys, are you all in Manila now? I just arrived home and I'm damn tired... Anyway just checking on all of you...
                        hi razorspells,

arrive home today but reiji's still there. he will leave tomorrow coz way to his his home is still flooded. (i feel bad for reiji).

me... i just found out that my broadband is out. im using smartbro usb (not good)
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

hi hbt, glad you're home, I thought reiji's already in Manila.. hope the flood subsides soon in his area.. my connection is still intermittent as of this moment..

Hope it gets better in the next couple of days...

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                          hi razorspells,

arrive home today but reiji's still there. he will leave tomorrow coz way to his his home is still flooded. (i feel bad for reiji).

me... i just found out that my broadband is out. im using smartbro usb (not good)

Comment

still here at rk...planning to drive out after lunch...but latest info as of 9am today, mercedes pasig is still impassable...alternate routes are more dangerous...have to wait and see.

Comment

I just got power back to my home

My house got flooded

I live in Rosario Pasig where along with Cainta & Marikina is where the worst flooding occurred.

I am lucky coz' aside from sore muscles from cleaning the mud out of my house the water stopped rising before it did damage to appliances on the ground floor.

I have to thank the RoadGuide because I was in crisis mode all day today so I was helping out our community (I live in a townhouse) restore power. This meant I had to travel to places I normally don't travel to look for electrical parts needed to fully restore power to our homes.

Just knowing where streets are and how to get there no matter how remote was a godsend. It saved me lots of time getting there and not having to grope my way to various addresses of suppliers.

I am proud to be a contributor and I hope to continue doing so knowing the full value of GPS in our daily life

I pray all of you are safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X