Stay Away From LENOVO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay Away From LENOVO!

If you're looking for a new notebook, STAY AWAY FROM LENOVO!!

My less than a year piece of crap's hinges and fan broke and it took them a week to diagnose (duh..) and now I have to wait for 2-3 weeks for the parts. Big mistake on my part. Oh, it's not under warranty na rin daw. Bull. My old ASUS took 4 years before the hinges broke and I brought it along my extended rides.

Update: They don't have the hinges but the CPU Fan's is PhP16k + 1k labor.

CRAP.

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post

My less than a year piece of crap's hinges and fan broke and it took them a week to diagnose (duh..) and now I have to wait for 2-3 weeks for the parts. Big mistake on my part. Oh, it's not under warranty na rin daw. Bull. My old ASUS took 4 years before the hinges broke and I brought it along my extended rides.

CRAP.
    16t will get you an asus eee.... brandnew at that...
    just saying... small enough to bring easily along on the bike...
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

CRAP.
      hi kuya beerboy,

if i may ask where did you bring your lenovo?
      there are 3 distributor of lenovo in the philippines and i know one of them,
      just (maybe) might be able to help.
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

CRAP.

Hi Beerboy,

Easy...Take it easy. Mind your heart. Paging "Consumer Protection". May be the brand is Lenovo but made in Lobo. Joke only.

Seriously, better buy the known brand one than regret later.
        See FAQ for Newbies below
        Click Here

Comment

Beerboy,

Teng! well I learned my lessons very well with LENOVO or should I say Lenovulok! I bought the unit in the US and brought it here after a yr wapak! keyboards not working, trackpad is so freaking sensitive even the setup is in super low sensitivity then I sent it for repairs here in PI. It took them 3 weeks to find out whats wrong with the unit... my goodness! good thing I have backup copy of my files or else am a dead meat in our office. Now my lenovulok is at my basement waiting for the molds to form (pang amag lang lenovo)
          *** Ohhh it's the one and only SioKoy!!! ***

Comment

@Jan: yeah, got one of those, been using it since the Lenovulok conked. Not for people with fat fingers and diminishing eyesight though.

@hbt: bought it in Electroworld (yata) in Mega, brought it to IBM Service in Eastwood, Libis.

@Roaguide2000: Being a former IBM product, I made the mistake of assuming it was of good quality.

@sioks: mine wasn't even a year old....bummer.

If I'm not getting a Mac, I'm going back to Asus.

LENOVULOK = Piece of Crap

Comment

Teng,

Go MacPro I have a friend who imports them with 1 yr warranty and also pwede pa BPI SIP for 12 months! saan ka pa!

Comment

@Jan: yeah, got one of those, been using it since the Lenovulok conked. Not for people with fat fingers and diminishing eyesight though.
                easy fix...
                loose weight / buy glasses...

Comment

@hbt: bought it in Electroworld (yata) in Mega, brought it to IBM Service in Eastwood, Libis.

@Roaguide2000: Being a former IBM product, I made the mistake of assuming it was of good quality.

@sioks: mine wasn't even a year old....bummer.

If I'm not getting a Mac, I'm going back to Asus.

LENOVULOK = Piece of Crap
                  i'd go with asus....
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

hbt,

Asus is good as long as it does make you say ASUSME! with the Mac Pro you can use a parallel software so your window based programs can still run. although my office supplies only Toshiba which is ok kahit pa-ano, Aesthetics with toshiba well you've seen my laptop naman eh medyo boring and jologs hehehe. I like your Asus eepc small but the problem eh I can't see the keyboard and also the screen but the mobility of that thing is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by sioks View Post
                      hbt,

Asus is good as long as it does make you say ASUSME! with the Mac Pro you can use a parallel software so your window based programs can still run. although my office supplies only Toshiba which is ok kahit pa-ano, Aesthetics with toshiba well you've seen my laptop naman eh medyo boring and jologs hehehe. I like your Asus eepc small but the problem eh I can't see the keyboard and also the screen but the mobility of that thing is really good.
                      ever noticed the wee price difference between an eee and a mac pro? beerboy is gonna shove it in his saddlebags.... you can break a couple of eee's and still come out ahead...

but if price is no object.. panasonic toughbook. followed by toshiba portege...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        ever noticed the wee price difference between an eee and a mac pro? beerboy is gonna shove it in his saddlebags.... you can break a couple of eee's and still come out ahead...

but if price is no object.. panasonic toughbook. followed by toshiba portege...
                        Oh yeah Panasonic toughbook!!! I've seen the demo on how they splashed with water and all sorts of torture on that thing wow amazing and it's still working!!! but the price is US$4000 + tax susme!

for the Mac Pro naman only the Aesthetics is good performance is ok but the price hmmm 64K and I don't think it can shove it in saddlebags baka mabasag hehehe and with the price of MacPro true enough you can get 3 units of eepc of asus.

Mine is a Toshiba Portege M750 tablet type the only bad thing about this notebook the looks! it's so ordinary
                        Last edited by sioks; 10-13-2009, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          easy fix...
                          loose weight / buy glasses...
                          Yes koya, and while we're at it... world peace and an end to hunger as well.

Loose weight.. asus!

Comment

base on my personal experience with my asus eee pc 1000H,it is great so far,i used it everywhere,small and light,wifi "n", not expensive,5 hrs. battery, easy to carry and fit easy on my bag,for more than a year of used (mostly whole day in the ofc.),still no problem.

Comment

CRAP.
                              what model do you have?

i have an s10 since December last year and its pretty reliable for me. both of my sisters have the same model as well and no reliability problems for them as well. i bring it everywhere and use it as my main business computer. they get smacked around since they're always in my backpack.

Comment

Working...
                              X