Suction cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suction cup

Guys, do you have any ideas how to restore our suction cup? ung akin kasi everytime nahuhulog na from the glass

Originally posted by teamjm View Post
    Guys, do you have any ideas how to restore our suction cup? ung akin kasi everytime nahuhulog na from the glass
    hi sir teamjm,

try to clean the glass and the suction cup with damp cloth

hth
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Also make sure that the suction makes positive contact on the surface of the glass. There shouldn't be any leaks... hairline cracks anywhere on the suction cup or uneven/rough glass or tint surface won't do.

If the suction cup has been subjected to the hot sun for a length of time, it may cause the edges of the suction cup to curl and allow air to leak in.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Ive read about putting the cup in the refrigirator? hehe, il try to clean and glass and cup. hopefully it sticks well

Comment

try placing a little water on the suction cup before pressing it to the glass. Works for me.

Comment

suction cups' rubber get brittle over time, specially if exposed to the sun for long periods of time(eg. windshield mounting). i use my dashboard disc and install my suction cup there, at least there's no direct sunlight contact. another option to preserve the original suction cup/holder is to buy those cheap holders with suction cup.

Comment

Originally posted by teamjm View Post
              grabe, you cant buy just the suction cup pala. Bad trip...

Comment

I just put some adhesive to my suction cup. Because i don't have any plan to remove it anymore. It is better to fix it better than risk of damaging the expensive GPS.
                Nation's Laws are a reflection of national character

Comment

Originally posted by bratski View Post
                  suction cups' rubber get brittle over time, specially if exposed to the sun for long periods of time(eg. windshield mounting). i use my dashboard disc and install my suction cup there, at least there's no direct sunlight contact. another option to preserve the original suction cup/holder is to buy those cheap holders with suction cup.
                  usually i dont park outdoors para hindi maarawan hehe

Comment

dang. the rubber thing gets wasted if i expose it directly to sunlight. ililipat ko na later!

Comment

just want to warn you guys.

my gps keeps falling/ detaching from the windshield
                      just a while ago, i saw it detached again once i got to my car. Problem is it wouldnt charge na. I got alarmed by this so i opened the dock and the cable. the cable seems fine but sa dock, nagdetach na yung solder ng port connector and 4 pins were also separated na. Which means i have to buy another farking mount connector to get it to charge

youve been warned. Just keep the gps sa loob na lang. pucha mahal ng ganitong stupidity

Comment

Working...
                      X