Concept GPS from Mio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concept GPS from Mio

Cool gadget, just want to share with everybody( I don't own one,but I would love to)

Originally posted by johnny2467 View Post
    Cool gadget, just want to share with everybody( I don't own one,but I would love to)
    Nice find johnny. But looks like it's just a position/location finder and is not much use for routing navigation or POI search...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Nice find johnny. But looks like it's just a position/location finder and is not much use for routing navigation or POI search...
      i think its just to replace the paper map. now if they will adapt it to become a GPS then it would be better for pedestrian
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        i think its just to replace the paper map. now if they will adapt it to become a GPS then it would be better for pedestrian
        This would interest mountain climbers and other outdoor enthusiast imo. If you can load e-copies of your detailed paper contour maps into this device and geo-reference it somehow, this would replace those paper maps...

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post

Mio Technology Forum
          Shining a Light on Mini Projector GPS

This slick looking proof-of-concept combines a digital projector and a GPS into a form factor roughly equivalent to those mini flashlights you dangle from your key chain. (Thats what they wrote so it is also a working GPS)
          anyway there are some problems with the model like visibilty on bright daylight, read the full writeup here:

http://www.miobuzz.tv/mio_corporate_...ector-gps.html

Comment

darn. that looks friggin cool!

Comment

Working...
            X