external antenna on the tytn2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

external antenna on the tytn2?

has anyone purchased a tytn2 external antenna for its gps?
    i saw a couple on ebay and i was wondering if it really works.

did accuracy increase? sat lock quickness?

thanks

An external antenna for a phone gps? Imho it's not a practical pairing. Much better probably to pair your phone/pda with a bluetooth gps as it can also improve sat acquisition time & gets a lock better. On long drives, i usually pair my 10x with my E71 so i get a more stable signal. Accuracy inside the car is within 4-6mtrs & outside, the best i got was +-3m. An added bonus for bt gps instead of antenna is you can pair it with your laptop as well and any compatible smartphone/pda without built-in gps.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Kuya Borgie is right on all counts...

If I may add...

1. With a Bluetooth GPS, you are free to mount your smartfone/PDA where it is conveniently reachable and away from locations where sun glare will render your screen unreadable. All that, without sacrificing signal quality because you can place the bluetooth receiver on the dashboard where it is clear of any obstruction.

2. There is less battery drain if you use bluetooth compared to onboard GPS.

3. Some Bluetooth GPS receivers can double as a tracking unit that can record 1s tracks or even 5 times per second (5Hz) tracks without even bothering the Mobile XT running on your PDA or even without a PDA at all.

I just recently acquired a b/t receiver courtesy of 2 great friends, and I'm very satisfied with the performance.
      I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Working...
      X