Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we solve problem with inaccurate waypoints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we solve problem with inaccurate waypoints?

Good day. The waypoints uploaded in the city I'm located in are usually not accurate. They are usually off by 10-20 meters. I'm aware that we just need to submit the correct location and request to remove the incorrect waypoint but it is getting tedious. I've noticed that when saving a waypoint while driving will not always give the accurate coordinates. Usually I need to edit / move the waypoint to the correct location using Mapsource (can anyone explain why this is so?) But if you save a waypoint while walking, it is usually accurate.

Walter,

When driving it is easy to be 10-20m past the loaction by the time you press the buttons to log the point. Or short if you try to anticipate. Whilst walking you geneally stop outside the location and log the point exactly. If you are in built up areas, the satelites can be obscured and that also leads to loss of accuracy, although this is generally less of a problem in the middle of the street than on a pavement.
    The other point is that whilst driving you are in the road and your POI is at the side of the road so you never log exactly where you want. With good open skies the accuracy is rarely better that 5-6m so hence you need to adjust in Mapsource so that it all fits and makes sense. Borgie has a good post somewhere where he takes notes as he logs the points as it can be confusing afterwards try to remember where they al go when the accuracy is degraded in built up ares.

Keep at it - it is very satisfying to see you updates correct the map.

Regards
    Dave
    Happiness is a blank screen with only the little pointer and a tail comimg out the back!

Comment

Working...
    X