Accuracy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokz View Post
    For the barangay level, we either have a choice of putting it between the public school or barangay hall. But on one hand, why the need to put a dedicated waypoint for the barangay if you create one for the barangay hall/school?
    Reason being, sometimes, the barangay hall might not have been "discovered" yet and sometimes, the public schools (usually the elementary schools are of the barangay level type) are named not after the barangay but some politician/hero/patriarch who has passed away for as long as I can remember. Anyway, thanks for the input.Barangay markers (usually listing the who's who of the barangay and SK) though abound. Thanks for the reply.
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

accuracy

sir, may I ask how to get the accuracy on my nuvi ?

Comment

Originally posted by elx221 View Post
        sir, may I ask how to get the accuracy on my nuvi ?
        hi elx,

on the map screen try to press the signal bar
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
          Thanks!

With an external antenna, my Nuvi usually shows a 3-4m accuracy (a few times at 2m and 6-8m without), iPhone 9-17m (17-47m without) and my BB 8900 4m.

As far as POIs go, as Borgie intimated (ideal place to record the POI-- corner? left/right?), Google Earth polygons/traces will help a lot. If say a GE polygon of SM Mega Mall is submitted and incorporated in the map, a colored bird's eye view of the polygon is shown while navigating. The name of the building (POI) will just be simply located in the middle of the polygon. You may have noticed a few of these in the map.

That's why contributions of GE traces/polygons of rivers, parks and buildings are very welcome and not very hard to do (and does not consume gas ) though very addicting.
          sir, how would you know your are getting 3-4m accuracy using external antenna? i have 2 re-radiating antenna in my posession at present.
          does it do the same when 76csx/ 60csx used with external antenna?
          did you use original garmin external antenna?

Comment

accuracy

Thank you Sir HBT

Comment

Originally posted by SEER View Post
              sir, how would you know your are getting 3-4m accuracy using external antenna? i have 2 re-radiating antenna in my posession at present.
              does it do the same when 76csx/ 60csx used with external antenna?
              did you use original garmin external antenna?
              There is a screen on the Nuvi that shows GPS accuracy signal. I'm not sure how it can be accessed with the 76/60csx though.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
                There is a screen on the Nuvi that shows GPS accuracy signal. I'm not sure how it can be accessed with the 76/60csx though.
                muchos gracias sir!

Comment

Does a nuvi 760 have accuracy signal level?

Comment

Originally posted by pompi cruz View Post
                    Does a nuvi 760 have accuracy signal level?
                    hi pompi cruz,

try to press the signal bar

HTH
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      hi pompi cruz,

try to press the signal bar

HTH
                      Tried it but nothing happened, anyway i'll try it in my other units. Tnx

Comment

Press and HOLD (1 to 2 counts) a bit sir.

Comment

hi sir,

if pressing the signal bars don't work, then your 760 isn't equipt with that function just as my 710.
                          on my 205 all you have to do is press the signal bar once and it will show

HTH
                          - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                            hi sir,

if pressing the signal bars don't work, then your 760 isn't equipt with that function just as my 710.
                            on my 205 all you have to do is press the signal bar once and it will show

HTH
                            I think the 760 is not equipt with that function, tried it with my wife, son and daughter 760's and nothing. AnywaY thanks for the reply and to MATANGLAWIN.

Comment

I have a magnet mount garmin antenna does it help in getting good accuracy level or same as using the built in antenna.

Comment

GPS Accuracy

Gents,

Trimble manufacturer of professional GPS systems, has one of the best tutorials on GPS on the internet, well worth a read. http://www.trimble.com/gps/index.shtml

But IMHO you guys are missing the point excuse the pun. To obtain an accurate POI first you should know the GPS almanac ie how many sats are in view and also the geometry of the constellation. Once you have a good constellation (low PDOP, 5 sats minimum), I would log data for as long as possible. Then using a spreadsheet download the data to a scatterplot and remove outliers, bad data. The average should be the POI. At work we log data for 5 hours minimum but we need cm accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X