Senior Contributors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
    Good for you guys. As for me, I'm now what you'd call a "had been" contributor. After the change in my job role last year, it totally affected my lifestyle. Although it has better pay, I spend more time pencil-pushing and less wandering about, scaring pedestrians as I park besides them to type in new POIs.

But yeah, I'll begin correcting POI placements and other errors on the map that the other guys managed to mess up. A subdued thanks to them also, for giving people like me some work to do, even just sitting in front of the computer.
    kuya oj, you can do river polygon tracing
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Sioks! Congrats! With time, we all will be seniors. Looks like you got there earlier. I wish I had a job that allows me to drive around instead of a desk job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardright View Post
        Sioks! Congrats! With time, we all will be seniors. Looks like you got there earlier. I wish I had a job that allows me to drive around instead of a desk job.
        hory,

thanks. just do the 1 sec track for verification and upload it everytime you finish one
        *** Ohhh it's the one and only SioKoy!!! ***

Comment

Jerome, thanks for the tip! How much track verification is enough? Perhaps the directors can list the routes they want 1s tracks and members can contribute that segment. Then from time to time, the list can be updated so the membership and juniors can focus on submitting 1s tracks for those routes. Just a thought.

Comment

Jerome, thanks for the tip! How much track verification is enough? Perhaps the directors can list the routes they want 1s tracks and members can contribute that segment. Then from time to time, the list can be updated so the membership and juniors can focus on submitting 1s tracks for those routes. Just a thought.
            kuya hardright,
            here are some areas needed 1-sec track calibrations:
            1. QC
            2. Marikina
            3. Antipolo and rest of Rizal
            4. Laguna
            5. Cavite
            6. Manila
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
              kuya hardright,
              here are some areas needed 1-sec track calibrations:
              1. QC
              2. Marikina
              3. Antipolo and rest of Rizal
              4. Laguna
              5. Cavite
              6. Manila
              sorry for hi-jacking this thread.

Is there a way to know in mapsource which tracks needs 1-sec tracks?

congrats to our new seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by sphanuel View Post
                sorry for hi-jacking this thread.

Is there a way to know in mapsource which tracks needs 1-sec tracks?

congrats to our new seniors.
                yes start with provincial roads and main roads. if your using hbt's typ, these are those colored red and thick black.

Comment

Thanks also

From me also a big "thank you" !
                  Although I am now abroad (interested in any contribution from Angola?) I will be back soon and continue contributing again.
                  Thanks,
                  Iloilo-city
                  Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Congrats seniors...or future mc`s

Comment

Originally posted by Iloilo-city View Post
                      From me also a big "thank you" !
                      Although I am now abroad (interested in any contribution from Angola?) I will be back soon and continue contributing again.
                      Thanks,
                      Iloilo-city
                      hi.
                      you can submit traced tracks and polys if you have time.
                      roadguide2000 got mc status even if he is malaysia all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                        hi.
                        you can submit traced tracks and polys if you have time.
                        roadguide2000 got mc status even if he is malaysia all the time.
                        Sorry, when I am home I have ALL the time, when I am at work I have absolutely NO time..... sometimes life sucks.
                        Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Hory,

for me the best way to use for the 1 sec track is the BlackBerry using GPSLogger. Just download the software and its for free, then anytime you're on the road just switch it on and start logging. I prefer using GPSLogger because you do not need to convert it saves the logs on gpx you just have to view it in our mapsource then save it and upload to the 1 sec track verification.

HTH.

Comment

Jerome, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I already gave up my BB for an iPad. Poor eyesight bro, need a bigger screen to read emails! Had my trousers customized to fit an iPad!

Kuya Reiji, QC is such a big area. If I were using HBT's typ, any red or thick black road is a candidate for 1s tracks--correct me if I misunderstood kuya.

Comment

Jerome, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I already gave up my BB for an iPad. Poor eyesight bro, need a bigger screen to read emails! Had my trousers customized to fit an iPad!

Kuya Reiji, QC is such a big area. If I were using HBT's typ, any red or thick black road is a candidate for 1s tracks--correct me if I misunderstood kuya.
                              Hory,

I guess all the roads in QC are candidate for 1 sec track. Thats what i do i just keep on tracking the roads even i already submitted it i need to verify if the roads are offset to our map.

Koya Reiji correct me if am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by sioks View Post
                                Hory,

I guess all the roads in QC are candidate for 1 sec track. Thats what i do i just keep on tracking the roads even i already submitted it i need to verify if the roads are offset to our map.

Koya Reiji correct me if am wrong
                                yes kuyas you are both correct.

but kuya sioks said it best...just keep on recording 1-sec tracks anywhere then submit as is. no need to plan where, once in drive mode, just record and submit.

Comment

Working...
                                X