BOT Attack from UAE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOT Attack from UAE

Yesterday the download site of OSM PH was temporalily suspended because of the malicious BOT that is downloading every minute from the site, thus the site suffering from heavy download.

Question: Can this be prevented to happen in the RG download site?
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
    Yesterday the download site of OSM PH was temporalily suspended because of the malicious BOT that is downloading every minute from the site, thus the site suffering from heavy download.

Question: Can this be prevented to happen in the RG download site?
    We've been under such attack a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately, we were able to prevent it from escalating further.

Can this be totally prevented? Definitely not. No system is perfect. But we do have controls at our disposal to minimize any damage that may be done.

Comment

The Sad thing is that there is nothing to gain from that person doing it, probably does it coz he/she can!

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

could this be related to what's hapenning with our avatars lately?

Comment

Originally posted by lyndon View Post
          could this be related to what's hapenning with our avatars lately?
          ah. didnt notice that. whats happening to our avatars?
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

What about? You mean that the Avatars change quite often?

Yeah I noticed that, and just thought that it was a feature that someone opted to, like a revolving avatar! Didn't think much of it, though it was a bit confusing because I have gotten used to seeing individual avatars of each of the members, specially the MC and Admins. For example was surprised that Kuya Jan's avatar turned to Brucelee avatar that Unkul HBT usually uses.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

wtf. when did that happen?

never noticed that...

Comment

didnt notice it also
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

noticed this happening for more than a week now. maybe longer. i first thought i'm the only one seeing this because no one brings this up. i could remember seeing jan, doki, hbt, reiji and some other avatars appearing in other users. i login almost everyday and more than often, i have sir jan's. right now, i can see from my end jan and hbt having the same avatar, a black dog of which i forgot the user it belongs to. i could be wrong but i think this started after the re-direction got fixed.
                  Last edited by lyndon; 07-04-2011, 22:58. Reason: added info

Comment

noticed this happening for more than a week now. maybe longer. i first thought i'm the only one seeing this because no one brings this up. i could remember seeing jan, doki, hbt, reiji and some other avatars appearing in other users. i login almost everyday and more than often, i have sir jan's.
                    i'm using firefox and i havent seen anything like that at all.
                    what browser do you use?
                    if you change browser, does it improve?

Comment

noticed this happening for more than a week now. maybe longer. i first thought i'm the only one seeing this because no one brings this up. i could remember seeing jan, doki, hbt, reiji and some other avatars appearing in other users. i login almost everyday and more than often, i have sir jan's. right now, i can see from my end jan and hbt having the same avatar, a black dog of which i forgot the user it belongs to.
                      i see mine for me
                      hbt's for him
                      and i suppose yours on your

Comment

i didn't see any changes...bruce lee is still bruce lee
                        kuya lyndon, does this happen on this site only or even on the other site that you visited?
                        if it does maybe you should scan your CPU
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

i have been using firefox eversince. now i'm on IE and its the same. even tried another pc and a different OS. i waited 'til somebody confirms it like what arvin555 did. he saw the same thing. sorry if im attaching some screenshots. you may delete this as necessary.
                          Attached Files

Comment

i have been using firefox eversince. now i'm on IE and its the same. even tried another pc and a different OS. i waited 'til somebody confirms it like what arvin555 did. he saw the same thing. sorry if im attaching some screenshots. you may delete this as necessary.
                            that's weird indeed.
                            did you try clearing your cache?

the only time i've seen something like that was while using tapatalk beta for blackberry that got the scripts all messed up...

(at least you got a great looking avatar now )

Comment

Have not seen this either?
                              Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Working...
                              X