Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCTEX radars

I hope this is within the forum rules.

Going south on SCTEX between Dinalupihan and Tipo are two locations being used for a 'chicken coop' ... radar trap.

If you get ticketed they take your license, give you a five-day temporary and you must go to Quezon City to pay your fine and get your license back.

Can ruin your whole day.
    Attached Files
    I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
    "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Originally posted by trekker View Post
    I hope this is within the forum rules.

Going south on SCTEX between Dinalupihan and Tipo are two locations being used for a 'chicken coop' ... radar trap.

If you get ticketed they take your license, give you a five-day temporary and you must go to Quezon City to pay your fine and get your license back.

Can ruin your whole day.
    Thanks Trekker- very timely, bound for Subic in 2 weeks time.

Comment

I wonder if this can be made into a warning POI so that we can slow down way before the radar area?

I need to double check because I thought that confiscation of license is not allowed anymore, I know confiscating plates are not allowed anymore, but not sure about driver's license.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

they change the location from time to time
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          I need to double check because I thought that confiscation of license is not allowed anymore, I know confiscating plates are not allowed anymore, but not sure about driver's license.

TTFN
          Arvin
          I got nailed for 126KPH ... and was told about the confiscation since he had my license in his hand. After a bit of 'mea culpa' and 'how about a warning?' the officer gave me a warning. I signed the warning ticket on a line preceded by 'No money exchanged'. Whew! Probably wouldn't work for cars with Manila plates
          "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

Yeah kuya HBT I didn't realize that the radar guns are portable and they can change locations So I guess Trekker will need to update this topic every week to tell us where the radars are... and how many warnings he has accumulated hehehe! The limit is 100kph right? I understand they won't go after you if you go a few percent above that, but... of course risk is on us.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

It's one SCTEX vehicle with the radar and so far only two locations are being used. Both are after the Dinaluiphan exit .. one under a bridge and one at a future on-ramp (immediately after a radar warning sign) :sly: The surprise comes when you get to the second toll booth (PHP20 one).

I have been told by an old-time resident that they cut you some slack up to 110KPH. One warning is enough for me so I do a GPS speed of 100 which is 105 on my speedometer as I go by. So far I've resisted giving them an appropriate salute

Comment

watch out for km 41 southbound on nlex . thats a spotters point. its actually 80kph on that section so they catch you when going 102kph!

Comment

they do change locations, just make sure to look ahead when you go fast, their pick ups are easy to spot since they're parked at the shoulder, emergency stop lanes or near exits.

and they normally catch from 9-5 only. remember no one catches you in sctex and nlex at night time as well.

Comment

I actually have a radar detector for sctex and all.

Comment

Originally posted by balongbalong View Post
                      they do change locations, just make sure to look ahead when you go fast, their pick ups are easy to spot since they're parked at the shoulder, emergency stop lanes or near exits.

and they normally catch from 9-5 only. remember no one catches you in sctex and nlex at night time as well.
                      Heads up, they now use a Grey Isuzu Crosswind instead of the White Innova on the NLEx.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
                        Heads up, they now use a Grey Isuzu Crosswind instead of the White Innova on the NLEx.
                        I went through there last year on my way to Subic. The vehicle they used was a white L300. How did I know it wasn't "civilian"? I saw a uniformed officer entering the back after peeing on the side of the van. I wish I could have done a citizen's arrest for indecent exposure, littering or "illegal jingle".

Comment

One trick the radar boys use is to pretend their vehicle is broken down on the side of the road. They lift the vehicles front hood up pretending to be troubleshooting but they are actually using their equipment in the back. Be wary about AUVs by the roadside when traversing these highways.

Comment

Originally posted by teamjm View Post
                            I actually have a radar detector for sctex and all.
                            Hi,

Can you confirm if they are still using Radar or LIDAR ?

Comment

Originally posted by trekker View Post
                              I got nailed for 126KPH ... and was told about the confiscation since he had my license in his hand. After a bit of 'mea culpa' and 'how about a warning?' the officer gave me a warning. I signed the warning ticket on a line preceded by 'No money exchanged'. Whew! Probably wouldn't work for cars with Manila plates
                              Got flagged down and was presented with a ticket at the toll booth (Tarlac exit) for doing 130 kph. I redeemed my license at LTO San Fernando. Such a hassle because I live inPasig.

Comment

Working...
                              X