anti virus software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anti virus software

I used to have avg (free) on all my stuff.
    then when that really started to slow things down i shifted (quite happily i might add) to avast (free).

Lately i've been hearing a lot of good stuff about microsoft essentials...

Anyone knows anyhting bout it? or has reccomendation for better antivirus software? (eg i also heard norton is not the resource hog it used to be?)

free or paid doesn't matter as long as it does the job the best.

my setup now.
    avast (free)
    anti malwarebytes (free)
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

im still w norton kuya so far its ok for me. im done w free antivirus, got one laptop corrupted before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

avast user here best friend

avg, no good. yes its seems to slow things down
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

stick with avast... if you want an alternative, try avira.

personally, i prefer nod32.
        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Avast user myself

Also using Ubuntu/Linux which is relatively virus free but then again not compatible with mapsource and the likes, I should try the windows emulation software for it.. but I digress we are talking about Antivirus only

Lots of computer stores selling boxed sets of Kaspersky and stuff, but then again I understand we do sometimes have problems with this antivirus with compatibility/downloads/installation?

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Avast user myself

Also using Ubuntu/Linux which is relatively virus free but then again not compatible with mapsource and the likes, I should try the windows emulation software for it.. but I digress we are talking about Antivirus only

Lots of computer stores selling boxed sets of Kaspersky and stuff, but then again I understand we do sometimes have problems with this antivirus with compatibility/downloads/installation?

TTFN

Arvin
            We use Kaspersky on board and it's pretty obnoxious and irritating to say the least...
            (Personal opinion)
            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Avira user here mga koya. Even paid fir the services coz if you applied for a corporate thing they will give you huge discounts
              *** Ohhh it's the one and only SioKoy!!! ***

Comment

Avast user as well... avg user before until hubby's cousin who's into pc installation told me to switch to avast.

Comment

Hi Jan,

After having tried out those different freeware AV's (ie Avast, Avira and AVG), worst of the lot is AVG. My computer got infected quite a few times and it also slowed considerably. I eventually switched to MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) last year and it has been smoothly running ever since. It is not a resource hog and I have not had any problems with it. Even the auto-update is almost invisible.

If you are running a registered MS Windows OS, I highly suggest you go for Microsoft Security Essentials. Other alternative is Avira although you just have to get used to occassional pop-up reminders which are more of a nuisance more than anything else.

As a backup, I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Hope this helps!

Comment

avira user here no problem so far, the computer feels snappy because its not a resource hog, booting is fast, best of all its free.

Comment

I have been using AVG since 2005. Last December 2010, I tried using MSE, now all our PCs, laptops, and netbooks are running MSE.

I also used AntiVir in the late 1990s....

Comment

NOD 32 user here ... already caught a few malwares so i'm sticking to it.

Comment

starting using MSE last three months. So far i got no issue and its free also.
                          Nation's Laws are a reflection of national character

Comment

Working...
                          X