Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOR INFORMATION ONLY:

http://www.canadagps.com/KB_04.html
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

MY Wintec WBT-201, noe doing 4Hz Tracking!

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      whatever you prefer is good enough for us. you happy, we happy.

by the way, looks like your unit cannot record more often than 1 point per second anyways... look at the tracklogs and check the leglengths, minimum is 1s. nothing shorter than that. so whatever happens, 1s tracks would have the same result. the points that are "in line" so to speak get filtered out anyways by us.

so just to make sure: you happy = we happy
      Jan,

Since my Garmin Nuvi 255 (HWID:1074) does not generate any gps.bin file, so no 1 Second (1 Hz) Track Point submissions from that device of mine to RoadGuide.ph.

I did not buy it for that purpose however - just as Display of latest RG Map, showing where I am, and where I came from (with selectable 10m Contours, and alternative latest OSM, if required)

I use my Wintek WBT-201 Logger to record Track Logs, which is now set to output NMEA Data over Bluetooth Link @ 4Hz (4 x Track Points per Second).

I submitted such 4Hz Track Log over Bluetooth, as recorded on my Nokia N95 8GB using 'Race Chrono' Application.

Contrary to advice posted on some forums, that a WBT-201, with its 'Rate' modified from 1000ms to 250ms ie 4 times as many Track Points - 4Hz, it seems the internal Track Log is not restricted to just 1Hz logging!

I posted about this in 'Bluetooth GPS Loggers' .

Did not receive any replies Jan, so not sure if you/RG in favor with my 'Alternative to 1 Second Logging'?

Since I can't see any significant advantage in Track Log recorded by Race Chrono, of the NMEA DATA over Bluetooth, to that of the internal Memory Log of my modified WBT-201, I will stick to using that.

Is RG 'happy' and actually like the High Definition for Curves, from my WBT-201 set to Record 4Hz Track Logs on 'Change of Heading' (Deviation Left or Right, by >2 Degrees ie 4 Degrees 'corridor' is effectively straight road/track, with slow change of 'Lane' not logging/showing, as change of direction to current Heading?

I also have my WBT-201 set to NOT record Track Points if under 2Kph, so it does not generate 4Hz Track points when we stop (tendency to generate inaccurate track points, when stationary anyway)

I can change my WBT-201 'Rate' Setting back to 1000ms, if RoadGuide.ph do prefer 1Hz Track Submissions for consistency with other RG Track Submissions, rather than 4Hz Tracking on Change of Heading (by more than 2 Degrees Left or Right)?

Cheers,
      David (aka Britster)

Comment

Originally posted by Britster View Post
        Jan,

Since my Garmin Nuvi 255 (HWID:1074) does not generate any gps.bin file, so no 1 Second (1 Hz) Track Point submissions from that device of mine to RoadGuide.ph.

I did not buy it for that purpose however - just as Display of latest RG Map, showing where I am, and where I came from (with selectable 10m Contours, and alternative latest OSM, if required)

I use my Wintek WBT-201 Logger to record Track Logs, which is now set to output NMEA Data over Bluetooth Link @ 4Hz (4 x Track Points per Second).

I submitted such 4Hz Track Log over Bluetooth, as recorded on my Nokia N95 8GB using 'Race Chrono' Application.

Contrary to advice posted on some forums, that a WBT-201, with its 'Rate' modified from 1000ms to 250ms ie 4 times as many Track Points - 4Hz, it seems the internal Track Log is not restricted to just 1Hz logging!

I posted about this in 'Bluetooth GPS Loggers' .

Did not receive any replies Jan, so not sure if you/RG in favor with my 'Alternative to 1 Second Logging'?

Since I can't see any significant advantage in Track Log recorded by Race Chrono, of the NMEA DATA over Bluetooth, to that of the internal Memory Log of my modified WBT-201, I will stick to using that.

Is RG 'happy' and actually like the High Definition for Curves, from my WBT-201 set to Record 4Hz Track Logs on 'Change of Heading' (Deviation Left or Right, by >2 Degrees ie 4 Degrees 'corridor' is effectively straight road/track, with slow change of 'Lane' not logging/showing, as change of direction to current Heading?

I also have my WBT-201 set to NOT record Track Points if under 2Kph, so it does not generate 4Hz Track points when we stop (tendency to generate inaccurate track points, when stationary anyway)

I can change my WBT-201 'Rate' Setting back to 1000ms, if RoadGuide.ph do prefer 1Hz Track Submissions for consistency with other RG Track Submissions, rather than 4Hz Tracking on Change of Heading (by more than 2 Degrees Left or Right)?

Cheers,
        David (aka Britster)
        it doesn't matter much to us.

just submit whatever you like better.

Comment

Working...
        X