Garmin and Other GPS Glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was about to post this on the "Speed Freaks" thread and claim that this was on a Bugatti Veyron:

But the truth is, I experienced this glitch last night and I'd like to know if any of your devices have gone though it too.

While driving through BF Almanza, Las Pinas at around 40 kph last night (taking notes of waypoints and routing), the speed on my Nuvi 1300 hit these unbvelievable nos. while the map said I was all over the place, as if flying over Paranaque, Makati and Pasig. I thought that it was because my device was just resting on the center console, near the other electrical controls of the car so I stopped and mounted it on the windshield.

Same glitch was showing so I turned off the unit and restarted. That's when everything went back to normal and the real speed and location was finally shown. Would any of you know what caused this and how to avoid in the future? I'd hate for this to happen when I am actually trying to navigate in unfamiliar places. Thanks.
    Last edited by Amphib1; 06-06-2011, 15:03.

possibly bouncing of signal around objects, or maybe EMI (electro magnetic interference)! But not too sure, most plausible is that it really was just a glitch.

Have not yet experienced this myself though.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

wifi and cell site might be possible, but im not sure.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

even with a Bugatti Veyron, that would still be a glitch ... it never reached 460 kph

Comment

Wifi will work or not ?

Comment

Whether or not what happened to you was just a software glitch, that's actually not an uncommon occurrence when the GPS accuracy is compromised due to interference and/or multipath distortion.

GPSs determines your speed by measuring the time it takes for you to get from one point to another. In a situation where your current location jumps "all over the place" like the Flash on steroids due to the phenomenon described above, the GPS is fooled into thinking that your speed is faster than it really is.
            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
            X