X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMDA's "InterAksyon" on Beta

http://mmdatraffic.interaksyon.com/map-view-edsa.php

One word... "Wow!"

I honestly never thought that we'd have this capability this soon. Kudos to MMDA for this initiative. I do hope they're keeping this feature for the long haul. I'm hopeful that they'll eventually expand this to cover more areas.

MMDA is said to be working on mobile apps. Could an integration with popular GPS receivers be too far ahead?

From MMDA's FB page:
    MMDA
    Introducing, Metro Manila's 1st digitized traffic information system: Metro Manila Traffic Navigator (Public Beta)

MMDA
    1) There will be a public API 2) More streets will be added as the project progresses 3) Official mobile apps are in the pipeline
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Originally posted by oj88 View Post

One word... "Wow!"

I honestly never thought that we'd have this capability this soon. Kudos to MMDA for this initiative. I do hope they're keeping this feature for the long haul. I'm hopeful that they'll eventually expand this to cover more areas.

MMDA is said to be working on mobile apps. Could an integration with popular GPS receivers be too far ahead?

From MMDA's FB page:
    "this soon" said in jest surely?

afaik Garmin was already looking for radiostations bout two years ago to help them with the traffic information here.
    have no idea whatever happened to that.

but yes, better late than never...

as for the apps, i think they will be location based (celltower) cellphone apps.
    i don't see them supporting the magnitude of different gps systems (could be wrong of course) .
    Last edited by Jan; 06-29-2011, 14:25.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

One word... "Wow!"

From MMDA's FB page:
      I hope they'll soon implement TMCs

If Metro Cebu also adopts this, maybe I'd also get myself a FM traffic capable Nuvi

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
        I hope they'll soon implement TMCs

If Metro Cebu also adopts this, maybe I'd also get myself a FM traffic capable Nuvi
        you realize that the map needs to be compliant with it as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          you realize that the map needs to be compliant with it as well ?
          Di ba Garmin already provides Philippine map together with 1360 (PH Edition)? Maybe Garmin could make it complaint

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post
            Di ba Garmin already provides Philippine map together with 1360 (PH Edition)? Maybe Garmin could make it complaint
            true. lets hope

Comment

Very Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah would be nice if there was integration with FM Traffic data in the future! Now I am going to check if my unit is capable, just in case

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Galing! I hope it is real time and eventually they also include the smaller roads.

oj88, I hope you don't mind as I stole your link and posted it in another forum. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people will want to see this.

Question also is, I wonder who's idea was this? Was this conceptualized during the days of BF in MMDA or is this something that came out of Mr. Tolentino's time?

Comment

Originally posted by kos View Post
                  Galing! I hope it is real time and eventually they also include the smaller roads.

oj88, I hope you don't mind as I stole your link and posted it in another forum. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people will want to see this.

Question also is, I wonder who's idea was this? Was this conceptualized during the days of BF in MMDA or is this something that came out of Mr. Tolentino's time?
                  No problem sharing this. Something this good shouldn't be kept a secret.

If my information is accurate, I believe this is the brainchild of MMDA Spokesperson Yves Gonzalez, otherwise known as "doblezeta" (http://twitter.com/#!/doblezeta) or "ZZ". He's also a forum admin (probably even one of the founder) at Applei.ph, a well-known Apple community.
                  There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Metro Traffic Live! for iOS or Metro Traffic Live! for Android

Real time traffic updates for the major streets in Metro Manila. Data provided by the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority and TV-5 Metro Manila Traffic Navigator

Coverage includes:

-EDSA

-Quezon Ave.

-Espana

-C5

-Roxas Blvd.

-South Luzon Express Way

Comment

Waze has realtime traffic from its users... Available in android and ios

Comment

No problem sharing this. Something this good shouldn't be kept a secret.

If my information is accurate, I believe this is the brainchild of MMDA Spokesperson Yves Gonzalez, otherwise known as "doblezeta" (http://twitter.com/#!/doblezeta) or "ZZ". He's also a forum admin (probably even one of the founder) at Applei.ph, a well-known Apple community.
                        Yes, this info is correct. I can confirm that Yves IS the founder of Applei.ph as I was among the original founding members. I'm known as Ranma there.

Comment

Just an update to this thread, the official MMDA iphone app is already posted on the app store today, check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
                            Just an update to this thread, the official MMDA iphone app is already posted on the app store today, check it out

a nice app for the ios, theres also another app thats already using mmda traffic feeds called streetsmart, i hope one of this dayz they can incorporate it in the gps so we could have live traffic updates in the phils too
                            That which is above is also that which is below - Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus

Love and Light - Zohar

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post

Is it this one sir Razor? This one i use in my iPad

Comment

Working...
                              X