X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gps use by govt

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/61089/s...m-market-roads
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Well for Region 7 at least, DA is already using GPS to survey farm-to-pocket roads, errr roads-to-my-farm, este farm-to-market roads (sus, can't get Sen. Drilon's words out of my head ). They're using Garmin 60CSx GPS and convert the data to shp files to be processed in Arcview...

Comment

Those are the best roads!

I think I have ridden some of these farm to pocket roads - maybe not sucessfully as obviously a lot of time, money and effort has gone into to making them a suitable challenge for us mountain bikers!

Lol

Regards
      Dave
      Happiness is a blank screen with only the little pointer and a tail comimg out the back!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveMorrison View Post
        I think I have ridden some of these farm to pocket roads - maybe not sucessfully as obviously a lot of time, money and effort has gone into to making them a suitable challenge for us mountain bikers!

Lol

Regards
        Dave
        LOL ... never did cross my mind that this is what makes mountain biking more exciting. which reminds me, i need to ride my bike. it's gathering cobwebbs already...

Regards Dave

Comment

A bit off topic, a couple of years ago when I had projects in Cagayan, I used to see this yellow Mercedes Van (the real one, not the MB100) with yellow flashers, traveling really slow all over the place. Found out it was sort of a GPS plotting vehicle and was surprised to see it rotting to death in the parking area of the building where I hold office now in Makati. What a waste..... of a parking space (obviously I don't have one).

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
            A bit off topic, a couple of years ago when I had projects in Cagayan, I used to see this yellow Mercedes Van (the real one, not the MB100) with yellow flashers, traveling really slow all over the place. Found out it was sort of a GPS plotting vehicle and was surprised to see it rotting to death in the parking area of the building where I hold office now in Makati. What a waste..... of a parking space (obviously I don't have one).

wonder who owned it and what happened to the data it collected...

Comment

Working...
            X