efficiency, philippine style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

efficiency, philippine style

i ordered for a friend a nuvi from UK (so foolish of me to not read the shipping details and just chose expedited. it's too late when i found out that they're using DHL, and now i'm pretty sure that my friend would have to pay custom fees). anyway, i was sort of expecting to get the item pretty quickly given the seemingly fast movement of the item as tracked when it was shipped out. that was until when it arrived on our shores. see the tracking history below and notice how much more time it took to be processed here than the item being shipped from UK to Manila. only in the pilipins, my friends.:sly:

Thursday, December 22, 2011 Location Time Pieces
    20 Arrived at Delivery Facility in MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 08:52

19 Departed Facility in MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 08:09

18 Processed at MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 08:07

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 Location Time Pieces
    17 Clearance processing complete at MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 23:14

16 Clearance delay MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 02:41

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 Location Time Pieces
    15 Clearance delay MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 03:46

Sunday, December 18, 2011 Location Time Pieces
    14 Processed for clearance at MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 13:31

13 Clearance delay MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 13:31

12 Arrived at Sort Facility MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 11:03

Saturday, December 17, 2011 Location Time Pieces
    11 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 10:31

10 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 10:15

9 Clearance processing complete at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 01:58

8 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 00:59

Friday, December 16, 2011 Location Time Pieces
    7 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 05:50

6 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 01:36

5 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 00:48

Thursday, December 15, 2011 Location Time Pieces
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 23:16

3 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 20:55

2 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 20:09

1 Shipment picked up LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 16:55
    Last edited by pokz; 12-23-2011, 18:09.

Kuya Pokz,

We have to deal with this quite frequently. We found out that usually for inbound items, Fedex works faster in clearing and processing than DHL. So next time if there is a choice, best is to use Fedex.

But frankly speaking, I myself would not buy anything online and have it door to doored to me, unless I already have accepted the fact that I have to pay 15% import tax and 12% VAT.

Could be worse, if you chose a unit with Bluetooth, they might ask for NTC import permit.

TTFN
    Arvn

Comment

In my experience with Dhl- there is no direct flight from UK to Phils. My shipment coming from Malaysia will pass thru either Singapore/ HK or both before it arrives to Phils.

Comment

Kuya, FEDEX also transferred their Hub to China, which means all the flights go to China first then to region or country. DHL is as you said to HK.

The thing is that Kuya Pokz is not complaining about the speed of transport, but the speed of releasing the shipment. The goods are already here, almost overnight only, but the customs releasing and processing took a long time.

Kuya Pokz one other thing that I remembered, Christmas season is 100% the worse time to be doing all these, even by post, people are "hungry" and want some "Christmas bonus" thus they do tend to do their "jobs" more seriously... if if you know what I mean.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

even with our local couriers, e.g. LBC & Air21, they keep advertising "next day delivery" when they really mean "next 2 days delivery"

Comment

finally got the item this afternoon. as expected, i paid almost 2K for customs fees, etc.

Comment

Kuya Pokz,

Just for your reference, DHL as well, from Thailand! The items are only Diary 3 pcs., Golf balls 3pcs. and Laser Pointer 3pcs. Total value is only like $12 (coz it's freebies).

Being taxed P1,700.00 Cool eh? I told them that to be able to get taxed that much, the valuation at 15% tax is around P8,000 and above. Crazy!!!

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                Kuya Pokz,

Just for your reference, DHL as well, from Thailand! The items are only Diary 3 pcs., Golf balls 3pcs. and Laser Pointer 3pcs. Total value is only like $12 (coz it's freebies).

Being taxed P1,700.00 Cool eh? I told them that to be able to get taxed that much, the valuation at 15% tax is around P8,000 and above. Crazy!!!

TTFN
                Arvin
                so the tax i got is relatively reasonable pala.

they should really put in the receipt how they arrived with that figure.

Comment

Working...
                X