X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scan

roadguide.png
    Last edited by hbt; 03-17-2014, 18:46.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Originally posted by hbt View Post
    nice kuya
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this barcode for?

I mean I did scan it and it showed me the URL for RG forum.
      But what is it really for? I mean can't we just type in the URL in our mini browsers on smart phones?

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Mr. parv este Arv,
        it's the future. it's the 1st step to a bigger information of certain thing.

Think of it as a little square mark that has the potential to contain all kinds of information about a product, service, company, or person – anything really. The code is read by using a QR scanner program increasingly found on smart phones by default. Some Android phones (ZXing), for example, ship with a QR reader and dozens of iPhone apps, such NEO Reader, exist as free downloads.

Pick up just about any magazine these days and you’ll find advertisers and even editorial staffs using these codes as a way to create greater online engagement with products and stories. The current issue of Esquire magazine features an ad from Brooks Brothers with a QR code that when scanned takes you to an entire online catalog of products.
        Last edited by hbt; 03-03-2012, 08:52.
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

Comment

and just to add.
          one can even put an installer into this kind of code
          - Bruce Lee

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Unkle HBT! Understood about the QR barcode, our Japanese counterparts call it 2D barcode if I understand correctly.

My android phone was able to scan it quite easily with the built in scanner apps as you suggested.

I however am still not sure why we have it for RG? I mean we have it in our forum, which means to access it, you need to log on to the forum, to access the barcode which gives you the URL. I understand the blackberry owners are planning on making a BB forum (not sure what that is), and I am not sure if this is relevant to just them?

Sure I do understand that if we make RG stickers in the future, that we can include the Barcode already, that would be nice.

Who knows, next time we go to a bar, all you need to do is scan someone's "Bar code" and you get his/her phone number and email address. Does away with cheezy lines like "exkuzzz mee, I guess heaven is missing an Angel coz you are here, can I hab your number"... Next time, Excuse me miss, can I scan your Barcode?

What is next? hmm wonder if the barcode can be tattooed on someone and still be readable? Any volunteers?

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
              Does away with cheezy lines like "exkuzzz mee, I guess heaven is missing an Angel coz you are here, can I hab your number"...

TTFN
              Arvin
              sus... sunog na yan at ba**y LOL
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
              X