This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a new logo!

Roadguide.ph needs a new logo to coincide with the re-design of our home page.

In this regard, we are again inviting all members with artistic talent to submit logo designs. Please upload file in this thread.

Logo should be able to convey the objective of the group and should readily associate and identify us (sort of how big companies use their logos for brand identity, examples of which would be Apple, McDonald's, Nike, etc.)

Submission of entries will be until 4/30/12, 2200H, after which this thread will be closed. We will then open a new thread wherein everybody can vote for their chosen design.

Design with highest vote gets to be incorporated in our new home page and will become our new official logo.

Have fun!

let me just make myself clear. we don't need a whole new banner, just a logo to incorporate into the banner. right now, we're using a compass rose as logo, which we find too generic and too bland as a logo. that's what we need to replace.

that's the reason why i also mentioned the logos of nike, apple, etc as reference to what we need.

Comment

Not a logo, not an RG motto suggestion, but someone in the US who is a Garmin user as well said:

"Never Lost, just re-routed" Don't know if it's original or it's a common saying.

I should not gripe here coz it's OT, but just wanted to mention that Garmin LM maps for Orlando Florida Sucks! We actually did get lost! I search for "Animal Kingdom" and I was routed to a freaking village several kilometers away from the actual place. I was itching to contribute the correction, but alas, there is no way to do so.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

RG.ph imitating the roads

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

Comment

Schadow1 Expeditions
            A Filipino must not be a stranger to his own motherland.
            http://www.s1expeditions.com

Comment

Schadow1 Expeditions

Comment

Schadow1 Expeditions

Comment

some more ideas

- Bruce Lee

Comment

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post

now these look very interesting, I have couple questions .Can you do the first one with the satalite from the last one and also leave off the big RG ? Can you make the second one with the satalite from the last one? I am just curious what it would look like.
                          Last edited by chaz2009; 04-16-2012, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                            for simplicities sake: could you (or anyone else) try the following:

write RG (never mind the font, best cursive or whatever so they appear attached. colour: whatever that colour is that garmin uses for its route calcualtion : pinkish purple?

that triangle thingy in here: put the Philippine flag in there.

lets try only that. RG in routing colour. and maybe the G flowing out in the "vehicle triangle" modded into Philippine flag.

someone?
                            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X