car dash cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car dash cameras

I just found a new app for my android phone, and have to say I'm loving it.

The app is the DailyRoads.com Voyager App, which can be found here. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yroads.v&hl=en

It acts as a car video camera. I have mounted my phone on the front window using a universal car mount from CDRKing for 180 peso. The app automatically records everything that happens in front of your car while driving. You can specify in the settings the quality and the space usage for the recording, and it will wipe over old recordings so you dont run out of space.

It also displays your speed on the video, and you can set it up to show gps coordinates etc.

It uses the accelerometer in the phone to automatically save footage in the result of excessive breaking, and you can also save it by just touching the screen. I've been using it for a few days now and some of the 'crazy' driving it has captured is brilliant - I think I'll need to start a youtube account to document it all!!

I had looked at buying something similar, but this on the phone is way way better.... once the roadguide android app is running i'll almost be able to do away with the trusty nuvi!!

Nifty app. Good find. Though the lens could be limiting on most camphones as they're mostly not wide enough to cover the whole front-end.

I use a dedicated two-camera DVR. It has already played witness to at least a couple of fender benders. It also records speed, GPS location (with Google Maps) and X, Y, Z movement.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
      Nifty app. Good find. Though the lens could be limiting on most camphones as they're mostly not wide enough to cover the whole front-end.

I use a dedicated two-camera DVR. It has already played witness to at least a couple of fender benders. It also records speed, GPS location (with Google Maps) and X, Y, Z movement.
      hi kuya oj. what brand of dvr are you using?

bought mine from cdr-king but its causing interference with my nuvi
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

i wonder how much of the constant writing/saving of videos/pics of the app is going to effect the life cycle of the memory.

it's a nifty app but i don't see myself using my phone regularly for that purpose.
        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

^ Bought it from HK a little over six months ago for around Php3.5k converted. It's just a generic 2-channel DVR.

Comment

thanks kuya
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

Comment

i have a dash cam bought on ebay too, very nice gadget... but it eats up my nuvi's satellite reception
              Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
              - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

im using it on a google nexus S - camera view seems to get the majority of the front of car, with only a very small blind spot. Been using it for a week and its still not started wiping over the first recordings (i allocated it 5gb of space on my memory card)

doesn't interfere with the nuvi either, so thats an added bonus!

For a total outlay of 180peso, i find it preferable than spending 100usd on a dedicated cam.

Driving to Manila tomorrow - that will make some good video

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                  i have a dash cam bought on ebay too, very nice gadget... but it eats up my nuvi's satellite reception
                  That's weird. I have my HU and DVR GPS antennas side by side without any issues.

If they have external antennas, separate them to each end of the dashboard. If they're using internal antennas, put the DVR at high-center of the windshield and put your GPS nav receiver near the driver's side A-column.

Comment

I think HU are protected by their casing. Already tried separating them wherein I place the dvr at the back seat but still the reception becomes poor. The moment you turn off the dvr, everythings back to normal.
                    I think it doesnt EATS up the signal but rather interfere. Something to do with the magnetic field maybe?For experimental purposes, I havent tried covering the dvr with lead sheet yet but planning to do it one day.
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      I think HU are protected by their casing. Already tried separating them wherein I place the dvr at the back seat but still the reception becomes poor. The moment you turn off the dvr, everythings back to normal.
                      I think it doesnt EATS up the signal but rather interfere. Something to do with the magnetic field maybe?For experimental purposes, I havent tried covering the dvr with lead sheet yet but planning to do it one day.
                      I have also a CDR-KING dvr as shown in the attached picture. I do not experience any interference both on my Nuvi and YF GPS.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by d1754; 01-04-2013, 14:05. Reason: Correct some misspelled words
                      d1754
                      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
                        I have also a CDR-KING dvr as shown in the attached picture. I do not experience any interference both on my Nuvi and YF GPS.
                        i think we have the same unit... thats weird
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                        X