Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking photos for Contributions (halt for a while)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking photos for Contributions (halt for a while)

Just would like to share, if you take photos of waypoints and POIs for contribution like me, please consider to stop until peace and order situation stabilizes or choose which areas you take photos of.

I make it a habit to take photos of waypoints for contributions because not only can I make sure that the spelling of the waypoint is correct, usually I would find data like telephone number or adjacent waypoints that I missed.

However I just read a "Warning message" in email and facebook wherein people are being observed taking videos and photos of banks and subdivision entrances and the vehicles they are using are being traced and investigated as possible suspects of a robbery Gang.

Yeah, last holiday season at around 11pm (don't judge me why I chose to do this late at night) I took photos of a bank that is not yet in the map, the guard looked at me suspiciously but I was far enough for him to talk to or question. Again during the holidays, I was taking photos of stores of a building which again is not in our map, the guard walked towards me and challenged my actions, why am I taking photos. I told him that I will put it in the map, and he said okay.

My point is, please be careful guys, specially taking photos of banks, and other money institutions, you might become a suspect of doing surveillance. Though I don't think there is any charge they can file against anyone who takes photos or videos in public.

TTFN
    Arvin

thanks for the advice Arvin. I take pictures a lot and I do get a lot of stares and weird looks.

Comment

Using a telephoto lens would be a great help..
      Last edited by pyth777; 02-06-2013, 22:32.

Comment

Kuya problem is I use my mobile phone camera often as it is always handy.

Good thing you guys only get weird looks, I have been approached and challenged!

The correct term by the way is if we are seen taking photos of banks and stuff "suspiciously" then we can be a "person of interest".

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

in my opinion, not advisable to take photo of money institutions

Comment

Another thing to try is voice recording.

I find it difficult to enter a lot of information into my 60CSx, so I break out my cell phone and turn on voice recording. I mark a point and record the information. People see me talking to my cell phone and it's nothing unusual.
            Experiencia Docet

Comment

i use my dash cam to take photos

works great
              Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
              - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Working...
              X