Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments or suggestions regarding the new Forum so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing out Unkel's Green scheme for now (sounds like a scheme to get some pomellos eh?)

My only comment really is that some of the colors specially those that is shade like this and is too bright for my taste, hurts all my 4 eyes.

Kuya an example of a member with a long profile are Unkel and me, check it out. I just feel there is a lot of wasted or blank space between the posts because of it. Ideally the Profile should only fit in the same space as someone's Avatar. Which reminds me, I dunno if I had an Avatar or not, but it's not there now for sure, it's not a big issue though.

Anyway an example of too much space is Unkel Yoda's and an example of just right space is

THanks for the Emoticons by the way, now the forum is slightly more familiar looking

Oh, wait, maybe we can have another color scheme that looks exactly like the old forum? Yes I might be getting old but I like familiarity, it soothes my drying up....

Yes I am one of those people who would actually go out of his way to download something that will convert Windows 8 (which suckalo) to look like Win7 and actually my Win7 looks like WinXP. Just coz it's familiar and thus efficient. I have sworn at MS outloud, for fekking up the Office menu layout too!

TTFN
    Arvin
    Last edited by arvin555; 07-07-2013, 10:14.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      Testing out Unkel's Green scheme for now (sounds like a scheme to get some pomellos eh?)

My only comment really is that some of the colors specially those that is shade like this and is too bright for my taste, hurts all my 4 eyes.
      try the rg2 colour scheme

Kuya an example of a member with a long profile are Unkel and me, check it out. I just feel there is a lot of wasted or blank space between the posts because of it. Ideally the Profile should only fit in the same space as someone's Avatar. Which reminds me, I dunno if I had an Avatar or not, but it's not there now for sure, it's not a big issue though.

Anyway an example of too much space is Unkel Yoda's and an example of just right space is
      i can do something like this with the toy list on the left:

toys list on the left.jpg

Oh, wait, maybe we can have another color scheme that looks exactly like the old forum? Yes I might be getting old but I like familiarity, it soothes my drying up....
      give me the colour codes.

PS. I gave you an appropriate avatar...
      Last edited by Jan; 07-07-2013, 11:42.
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
        i like the default color scheme.
        so do I, but you gotta cut these gof's* some slack....

gof: grumpy old fek aka

Comment

sus... look who's agreeing with each other.... mga of the forum. mga senior netizen. might as well give each other a good longgg hug. old people tend to not like the NEW generation look
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
            old people tend to not like the NEW generation look
            is that why you never like the newly implemented things and always wanna go back to that weird green stuff?

Comment

Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is associated with money.

Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. Green, as opposed to red, means safety.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is associated with money.

Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. Green, as opposed to red, means safety.

baygon?

Comment

something like that. you miss kuya sinned ha
                  - Bruce Lee

Comment

aaah. fermented grapes ?

Comment

Thanks for the Avatar

Not possible to just extend the margin of the profile a bit longer? If not then I can't comment if the others would want the Toys to be under their name or not.

Kuya tried the mango Yellow RG2 color scheme, not homey

Yes I admit it, I don't like too much change, I want the familiarity, as I said I go out of my way to make Win8 to look like Win7 and Win7 to look like WinXP That is why I am not using basecamp. Hey you asked

Kuya unfortunately I do not have a screen shot of our old forum, will search for it and will post if I do, I'm sure someone here has taken a screenshot and posted it. All I ask in an option to have the same "skins" of the old forum

Cheers guys!
                      TTFN
                      Arvin

Comment

I activated a couple of the sidebar thingies.
                        if you don't like them , collapse them by clicking on the >> sign.

Comment

Kuya, Sidebar thingy looks nice, and it does not affect the posts after all coz it only shows at the main page of the forum. Coolawsome!

I found a reference for the old forum scheme, wonder if you can make a "skin" that will make it look like the old forum color scheme?

https://roadguide.ph/forums/attachme...1&d=1353070905

Comment

Congratulations to the Admins for this very nice (how would i say) great transformation

I Like All of It
                            Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                            - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Auto log out

i dont know if its just me... but whenever i click the RG banner i am automatically logged out

any feedback from
                              Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                              - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                                i dont know if its just me... but whenever i click the RG banner i am automatically logged out

any feedback from
                                Will check myself and revert / fix later today!

Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X