Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[GUIDE] How to Buy GPS Map Apps on Android Using Globe GCASH AMEX Virtual Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GUIDE] How to Buy GPS Map Apps on Android Using Globe GCASH AMEX Virtual Credit Card

I'm very new here at the forums, so I thought I'll share something I think is useful as an ice breaker.

I recently figured out how to buy apps at the Google Play Store using a virtual credit card (Globe GCASH AMEX), so naturally I thought about buying the PAPAGO PH app. I had to think for hours since it's just around 13MB in size yet costs P1,500 (I can easily get it from other sources if you know what I mean, but I decided not to. Still a little sour on the nearly $35 app).

What you need:
    - Google Play Store account
    - Globe GCASH AMEX account (Let's assume you already have one. The registration process on this one is another story)

1. Go to the Google Wallet website
    2. Select Payment Method then Add a debit/credit card
    3. Add your AMEX Virtual Card number, the card's expiration date, the CVC (4-digit code SMS'ed to you. You can always request for a new one on demand and it'll arrive in seconds), and the US billing address assigned to you. Your card will automatically be identified as one coming from American Express
    4. A $1 refundable "test charge" will be deducted from your account, just to test its validity and activity. You'll receive a notice via SMS.
    5. Since you registered your GCASH AMEX account on your Google Wallet, it'll also automatically be linked to your Google Play Store account. Just select an app you want to buy then press the button (I suggest you use a stable connection). The last 4 digits of your GCASH AMEX card will be shown too.

Screenshot_2013-10-29-15-42-49.jpg

6. After confirming everything, you'll receive another SMS (and an email to your Google Wallet account) stating that you have bought so and so and that you have been deducted this amount.
    7. Success!

Screenshot_2013-10-29-15-42-34.jpg

If you still don't have a GCASH AMEX account, I suggest you get one because it's very handy, at least for me, since I also order stuff on Amazon from time to time (registering at GCASH AMEX gives you a My Shopping Box account-freight forwarder like Johnny Air).

I hope I somehow helped albeit that TL;DR wall of text. Who knows, maybe you can use this guide when you purchase a GPS map on Android.
Working...
X