No announcement yet.

Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan - Petition to get Satellite Imagery in the Public Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan - Petition to get Satellite Imagery in the Public Domain

The International Mapping Teams have a petition going to try and get Commercial Satellite Imagery put in the public Domain to help relief efforts and rebuilding efforts from Yolanda.

There is some imagery available at the moment, but the license is due to expire shortly

Please sign this petition to help them with their Quest

Petitioning Satellite image providers: Satellite image providers: Release the Philippines satellite imagery under a public license for humanitarian mapping

You see more details and you can sign it (It only takes a minute) here:

https://www.change.org/petitions/sat...ng#description
    Attached Files
    ================================================== =======
    If it aint broke, don't fix it .......

YAWN: The only time when some married men ever get to open their mouth
    ================================================== =======

There is available imagery here
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

True some are public domain, still there are private satellite images that are not

True some are public domain, still there are private satellite images that are not public domain.
      To get access for usage of this images, for own mapping efforts you need written consent and /or access like to military, weather satellites.

More sources are better, because angles and clouds are moving.
      Also frequency of image sensors varies, aimed for different usage.

Petitions like this makes pressure internally in companies that have access to this images.
      For sharing their data.

Even Google and Bing have their right to their images, so there are issues also there I think to make your own maps to help aid efforts.
      Correct me if I'm wrong.

T

Comment

Working...
      X