Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provincial Relief Aid for YOLANDA (PRAY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provincial Relief Aid for YOLANDA (PRAY)

I am humbled by the generosity that my fellow yachties have shown in supporting a project called Provincial Relief Aid for Yolanda - PRAY. This effort was begun by our friend Rod Ward, whose yacht SERENDIPITY lies at the Subic Bay Yacht Club. The effort is targeted to the children and elderly who have suffered devastation from the Super Typhoon YOLANDA in the central Visayas region of the Philippines. Focus of the effort is to areas that have not received government relief ... truly provincial places completely destroyed. Rod works in Dubai but has taken two month's vacation and $25,000 from his pocket to start this project. Yachtie friends here at the Holiday Oceanview Marina, Davao, have donated over $10,000 to the cause! I am webmaster and will go join Rod in Iloilo, Panay, Philippines on 4 December to help out 'on the ground'. The website is at http://yachtvalhalla.net/pray/pray.htm and anyone can easily donate to this cause from the website. Help us if you can .. Happy Thanksgiving.
    P.S. Any RoadGuide members in Iloilo ... give me a call (09297879078), txt, or PM if you can help us with the relief goods hauling, sorting, repacking, etc.. Thanks!
    Last edited by trekker; 11-28-2013, 18:02.
    I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
    "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

If you pass through Dumaguete on your way through, please let me know ..

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by pangitpilot; 11-28-2013, 19:49.
    ================================================== =======
    If it aint broke, don't fix it .......

YAWN: The only time when some married men ever get to open their mouth

Comment

Terry, I will join you in Panay. Sent PM re details. Cheers Mark

Comment

See you soon

Originally posted by pangitpilot View Post
        Terry, I will join you in Panay. Sent PM re details. Cheers Mark
        Thanks for coming to Iloilo to help out. Will see you on Wednesday!

Terry
        I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
        "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

Just Got back from Panay

Trekker and I just returned form a long trip to the middle of nowhere, The Calyua Group Of Islands, many miles west of Borocay. Aid was distributed to 1400 families in a Challenging Mission. Needless to say, the Garmin GPS with Roadguide Maps was put to good use by my good self.

A Video report can be seen at

http://youtu.be/P1AEW9EanOk

Comment

Working...
          X