Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 255W not loading

Hi Guys

I have this problem over the weekend, i was in the bacoor cavite and was going to nasugbu.
    So i set my destination in my GPS and it start calculating, however i forgot it that it's low bat and was not plugged in. So with that the search failed and started to shut down. After all this my GPS is not loading anymore it just hangs on the loading map when i tried to power it on.

Please advise if you any ideas how to fix this. i tried the hard reset instructions but it's not working.

Originally posted by JohnConner View Post
    Hi Guys

I have this problem over the weekend, i was in the bacoor cavite and was going to nasugbu.
    So i set my destination in my GPS and it start calculating, however i forgot it that it's low bat and was not plugged in. So with that the search failed and started to shut down. After all this my GPS is not loading anymore it just hangs on the loading map when i tried to power it on.

Please advise if you any ideas how to fix this. i tried the hard reset instructions but it's not working.
    Try reinstalling the map.
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

hard reset.
      no clue how to do one. google or manual.
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
        Try reinstalling the map.
        i can't reinstall it since the unit will not boot up and the computer cannot recognize it

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          hard reset.
          no clue how to do one. google or manual.
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            Hi Jan

Hard Reset does not work in my case (Hold Right Corner while booting) and no physical Hard Reset button.

Comment

Problem Solved

Wheeeww after 4 hrs or so.. i managed to find a solution.

The thing is this is really a pain in the ass solution but it works

Here is where i start

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/31902

The guide was pretty much complete however since this is quite old, not everything is updated

Here are some key points to take

1. Get the Firmware. Challenge is that garmin site does not provide the direct link instead it would require you to use it's express software.
              Workaround is build the url: http://www.garmin.com/software/nuvi2...e-MTK__760.gcd "NOTE: You have to change the last digit based on the latest firmware displayed on the garmin site" else you'll just land on the home page.

2. g7towin software configuration, make sure to check the configuration to USB Mode and not PORT Mode.

3. Tricky part! When connecting the GPS to the PC. Turn off your unit then press the upper left corner of the screen and power on and HOLD IT until the "Updater.exe" recognize but the trick is you have to observe the Garmin Logo must blink twice and wait for a couple seconds before you hit the Update button. If you see the LOADING label in your GPS unit then you can release your finger on the left corner afterwards it should installed in a normal way. NOTE: If you do not HOLD the upper left corner it will just go back to the loading maps where it is stuck in boot loop.

Apologies if my english/instruction is bad you may edit and re-post this if you want

Comment

Working...
              X