HELP: Las Pinas to San Juan Batangas Routing Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: Las Pinas to San Juan Batangas Routing Error

We will be traveling to San Juan, Batangas tomorrow and I tried to plot the route in Mapsource and on my Nuvi including all our would-be via points.

Here are the steps I made:

1. From house, I selected San Juan, Batangas in the Cities and checked the map. Everything is OK including the Calamba SLEX exit, Lipa city STAR exit, Lipa City proper till the San Juan Batangas waypoint.
    2. Entered Petron SLEX as our first via point. And voila, from Las Pinas until Petron is ok. From Petron it gave me off-road route to San Juan, Batangas. The route is really and literally straight.

My setup is (Mapsource and Nuvi):

1. Automobile
    2. Try to Avoid=all are unchecked
    3. Route Preference = faster time

Please see the attached file of the screenshot.

Any help? What should I do?

Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files
    SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
    We will be traveling to San Juan, Batangas tomorrow and I tried to plot the route in Mapsource and on my Nuvi including all our would-be via points.

Here are the steps I made:

1. From house, I selected San Juan, Batangas in the Cities and checked the map. Everything is OK including the Calamba SLEX exit, Lipa city STAR exit, Lipa City proper till the San Juan Batangas waypoint.
    2. Entered Petron SLEX as our first via point. And voila, from Las Pinas until Petron is ok. From Petron it gave me off-road route to San Juan, Batangas. The route is really and literally straight.

My setup is (Mapsource and Nuvi):

1. Automobile
    2. Try to Avoid=all are unchecked
    3. Route Preference = faster time

Please see the attached file of the screenshot.

Any help? What should I do?

Thank you in advance!
    Try to recalculate the route. If this does not work, try to invert the route. Or try changing the setting to shorter distance. If it still doesn't work, try to make two routes, first route up to Petron in Binan, the next from Petron up to San Jose. I tried to simulate what you did in Mapsource and it gave the route perfectly. Imo, this would not pose a problem when routing/travelling realtime. This sometimes happens in Mapsource only and for long routes, don't know why... HTH

Comment

Thank you sir Borgie!

I just made 2 routes.
      SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
        Thank you sir Borgie!

I just made 2 routes.
        Another way also is to make 1 route but with several via points.
        I also plotted this route when we went to San Juan last month and it gave me no problem. My via points is around 10.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Off road?

It appears to me that from the Petron Station onward the unit was in the 'off road' mode which would account for the straight line. True?
          I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
          "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by trekker View Post
            It appears to me that from the Petron Station onward the unit was in the 'off road' mode which would account for the straight line. True?
            True which is really odd since I set my nuvi to take the "Faster Route" through out.

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Working...
            X