SCTEX Lidar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCTEX Lidar

Just heads up for the speeders among us: SCTEX patrols use LIDAR/Laser specifically the Kustom Signals Pro Laser 3 Handheld (as reported by my detector). This means walang takas kung above the 100km/h speed limit (they forgive you up to 110km/h).

The solar-powered cameras on the viaduct of NLEX doesn't seem to actually measure speed. The white innova on the southbound lanes does And he's almost always in the same place. I'll record his position next time.

Been dying to buy a radar/laser detector. What model and make do you have?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Got a cheap Cobra XRS model for experiment lang. Will get myself a Valentine 1 when I go back to the US this year. Hahahaha. You don't really need it but its "geeky" for me to have

Comment

what? may nanghuhuli pala sa sctex? We were speeding around 140-150 km/h 2 weeks ago from tarlac to subic.

Good thing we were not apprehended hehe. thanks for the up!

Comment

Originally posted by antonboq View Post
          Got a cheap Cobra XRS model for experiment lang. Will get myself a Valentine 1 when I go back to the US this year. Hahahaha. You don't really need it but its "geeky" for me to have
          Geeky, you say... I have a ScanGaugeII, the 255W, and a clip-on LCD on the rear-view mirror plugged-in to a hard disk media player in the glove box. There's always room for one more.

Comment

panalo yan sir. I've always wanted a scangauge2 also.. maybe meron HUD version in the future.

i think the only way to avoid a ticket from LIDAR is using a very good detector like the valentine 1 and using that in tandem with a laser jammer like the 96% effective laser interceptor. hahahaaha..

Comment

Can you guys post some pictures to appreciate if available?

Comment

i think the only way to avoid a ticket from LIDAR is using a very good detector like the valentine 1 and using that in tandem with a laser jammer like the 96% effective laser interceptor. hahahaaha..
                I agree. I just realized that laser detectors are quite useless since by the time it lits up, they've already clocked you and you're too late to do anything about it.

Comment

not entirely useless. the good detectors can see the beam without it focused on you. it should also see it reflecting off other vehicles which can give a fair amount of advanced warning.

next time i travel ill be sure to get a photo of the cobra xrs in action.

Comment

and I always thought I'd never see the day when people would actually consider radar/laser detectors back home... guess time to bring out that old "geek" wishlist and find some retailers in Sg while it's still GSS09 season. :-D
                    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Just heads up for the speeders among us: SCTEX patrols use LIDAR/Laser specifically the Kustom Signals Pro Laser 3 Handheld (as reported by my detector). This means walang takas kung above the 100km/h speed limit (they forgive you up to 110km/h).

The solar-powered cameras on the viaduct of NLEX doesn't seem to actually measure speed. The white innova on the southbound lanes does And he's almost always in the same place. I'll record his position next time.
                      Any luck on getting a position fix of this white innova sir? Got caught two (2) months ago. These patrol guys emerged in front of the EC tag lane and informed me that I was overspeeding--and even recorded my plate number at such speed. They're good.

As a result of that debacle, I was (henceforth) cautious on the maximum speed imposed at both NLEX and SCTEX. Sometimes, I envy those "gas-flooring guys" who overtake me--but, I don't envy them once they get caught. So guys, always read the "max min" signs!!!

Comment

my father-in-law already got caught twice on sctex. hehehe, and i've been observing the speed limit since then. to be honest though, its quite boring to cruise around at 100kph when there's an open road ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by bratski View Post
                          my father-in-law already got caught twice on sctex. hehehe, and i've been observing the speed limit since then. to be honest though, its quite boring to cruise around at 100kph when there's an open road ahead.
                          Exactly. SCTEX seems endless if you are only cruising.

So last EB @ Subic, we ran flat-out in Philippines' Autobahn from Clark till before the Tipo Exit (except in the area where there is a road hazard posted by Terry aka trekker). We were expecting a speed violation at the exit because we saw some tollway-owned Toyota pick up trucks and they saw us as well along the way but nada/nothing. Guess we're just lucky that time or they just underestimated my old car.

Some pics:

Last edited by Suntzu; 11-05-2009, 17:37.
                          SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Yeah, I wish the max was raised to 120kph man lang. 100 seems too slow. When we went home to cabanatuan last week, i was going about 109 on sctex and a white innova overtook me quite fast. On the exit, an officer flagged him down. I wasn't sure lang where the spped traps were

Comment

Originally posted by swissknife View Post
                              Yeah, I wish the max was raised to 120kph man lang. 100 seems too slow. When we went home to cabanatuan last week, i was going about 109 on sctex and a white innova overtook me quite fast. On the exit, an officer flagged him down. I wasn't sure lang where the spped traps were
                              i just console myself that those speeders overtaking me above 100kph would be a few pesos poorer than me (fines) hehehe. and also the time the speeder saved by speeding would be wasted at the exit (if ever he/she was apprehended), but secretly i just wished they'd increase the speed limit a little bit.

sir suntzu,
                              is that a lancer? i used to have one (92 gti) and i can't even get it past 130kph. you have one fast ride there sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X