I ran over those houses?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran over those houses?!

I exported a trace from Nokia Sports Tracker to a Google Earth kml file.

When I checked to see my trace on Google Earth, I laughed at the result

Click pic above to get bigger pic

I must have done millions of pesos of damages along the way home

Originally posted by warfab View Post

hi warfab,
    hmmm.....try this....
    when you zoom in on the google earth it created a 3d effect(angled).
    try to adjust the view that it would look like your looking down on the map.
    HTH
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      hi warfab,
      hmmm.....try this....
      HTH
      Even at 189 ft Eye alt, I still hit the buildings and houses

Nakakatawa talaga

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        hi warfab,
        hmmm.....try this....
        HTH
        try this as well... to make it more realistic, try to rotate the view counter clockwise slowly until the shadows and roof ridges looks just right (ridges are centered on the roof). with the default orientation which is north up, sometimes buildings and trees look like pockmarks, IYSWIM...

then for that 3D effect, you can now start playing with the vertical angles... ok, GTG lunchtime na...

Comment

Originally posted by warfab View Post

A few observations from the screenshot FYI in case it wasn't noticed:

- GE imagery date is February 23, 2005 (bottom left corner of the screen) Some areas in the Philippines with high res imagery have dates ranging from 2003 to 2006. So if you're wondering why that so and so building is not on the GE map, take a look at this date and go figure...

- Coordinates and elevation of the point where your cursor is at (bottom middle corner of the screen).

- Eye altitude or how far up you're looking down (bottom right corner of the screen)

- the map orientation showing "N" (upper right corner of the screen)

Even with a GPS tracking 1 sec, there is no assurance that your road tracks will overlay with the roads you traversed on the dot. That's why roads traced in GE need to be adjusted to fit our roadguide map... HTH

In your mind bro, although millions yung damages, hope walang taong nasagasaan... LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
            A few observations from the screenshot FYI in case it wasn't noticed:

- GE imagery date is February 23, 2005 (bottom left corner of the screen) Some areas in the Philippines with high res imagery have dates ranging from 2003 to 2006. So if you're wondering why that so and so building is not on the GE map, take a look at this date and go figure...

- Coordinates and elevation of the point where your cursor is at (bottom middle corner of the screen).

- Eye altitude or how far up you're looking down (bottom right corner of the screen)

- the map orientation showing "N" (upper right corner of the screen)

Even with a GPS tracking 1 sec, there is no assurance that your road tracks will overlay with the roads you traversed on the dot. That's why roads traced in GE need to be adjusted to fit our roadguide map... HTH

In your mind bro, although millions yung damages, hope walang taong nasagasaan... LMAO
            Yup, already noticed the imagery date long before when I first installed Google Earth that's why I don't use Google Earth as reference when comparing the waypoints I've collected.

Just for laughs lang talaga

Comment

In addition to the above reasons, the accuracy of your gps unit or Google map's may be a bit off.

That's why the Gold Standard for mapping tracks is to use 1 second or 1 meter track recording PLUS an external gps antenna.

Comment

Working...
              X