Overpriced Garmin Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overpriced Garmin Devices

Hello GPS fans, I was in a mall today and saw this store selling Garmin devices and the prices are outrageous!!! See attached image.

Like other members suggested DO NOT BUY in the Philippines, it's very expensive! Just get a friend or relative to buy you abroad or if you have a paypal account, buy it on ebay or some other online sites.

Don't be fooled into buying the PH map. This map is FREE right here at RoadGuide. Download the standard map use it and start contributing to get the upgraded map. It's that simple.

Last edited by razorspells; 09-14-2009, 13:24.

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
    hello gps fans, i was in a mall today and saw this store selling garmin devices and the prices are outrageous!!! See attached image.

Like other members suggested do not buy in the philippines, it's very expensive! Just get a friend or relative to buy you abroad or if you have a paypal account, buy it on ebay or some other online sites.

Don't be fooled into buying the ph map. This map is free right here at roadguide. Download the standard map use it and start contributing to get the upgraded map. It's that simple.
    amen......
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Maybe we all should warn others in different car sites which we are a member of about this.. they should all be informed that most of the (over-priced) Garmin devices that are sold here in the Philippines have maps installed that came from this site.

And all they need to do is become a member to get the free map.... more members = more contributions = more accurate maps.
      Last edited by native_kim; 08-16-2009, 22:49.
      The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. - A.E.

Comment

Let me guess.... Infomax!

Was there last night (Greenhills) and saw an iPhone 3Gs priced at...... hold on to your seats!................. Php75K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by amf; 08-16-2009, 23:11.

Comment

haha! they're nuts!
          SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Hello GPS fans, I was in a mall today and saw this store selling Garmin devices and the prices are outrageous!!! See attached image.

Like other members suggested DO NOT BUY in the Philippines, it's very expensive! Just get a friend or relative to buy you abroad or if you have a paypal account, buy it on ebay or some other online sites.

Don't be fooled into buying the PH map. This map is FREE right here at RoadGuide. Download the standard map use it and start contributing to get the upgraded map. It's that simple.
            Great find and thanks for posting. Totally outrageous prices! Hope others who come across something like this will take photos and post it here so those planning to buy GPS will be properly informed.

Comment

GPS prices in US

If you have relatives in United States, pabili ka na lang o di kaya pasalubong na lang. Ito ang halaga ng GPS sa US;
              1. Garmin Nuvi 260W - +/- US$ 225.00
              2. Garmin Etrex Legend HCx-+/- US$ 240.00
              See FAQ for Newbies below
              Click Here

Comment

Nakabili ako ng Nuvi 260W sa Costco 2 weeks ago.... $129.00 na lang.

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
                If you have relatives in United States, pabili ka na lang o di kaya pasalubong na lang. Ito ang halaga ng GPS sa US;

Comment

Originally posted by sylar View Post
                  Nakabili ako ng Nuvi 260W sa Costco 2 weeks ago.... $129.00 na lang.
                  Pwede yon baka clean up sales na seguro. Magto-two years na kasi yong sa akin.
                  See FAQ for Newbies below
                  Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
                    Garmin Etrex Vista HCX (higher specs than Legend) $192.95 nalang http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-eTrex-V...0480232&sr=8-1, the Legend cost $186.97

the Nuvi 260W $149.99 http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-4-3-Inc...0480362&sr=1-1

both these items free shipping to any US address... If you have relatives there they can maybe ship it to you here, you'll spend maybe less than 3K for shipping...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                      Garmin Etrex Vista HCX (higher specs than Legend) $192.95 nalang http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-eTrex-V...0480232&sr=8-1, the Legend cost $186.97

the Nuvi 260W $149.99 http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-4-3-Inc...0480362&sr=1-1

both these items free shipping to any US address... If you have relatives there they can maybe ship it to you here, you'll spend maybe less than 3K for shipping...
                      Does anyone here has an experience door to door delivery via a legitimate courier? I think most of us are concerned how much would be the taxes and duties /delivery charges door to door ( I personally prefer this method rather than sending via post office and charging us outrageous fees. P3k less is acceptable but I doubt this and maybe more ) Best really is to handcarry the items

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                        Does anyone here has an experience door to door delivery via a legitimate courier? I think most of us are concerned how much would be the taxes and duties /delivery charges door to door ( I personally prefer this method rather than sending via post office and charging us outrageous fees. P3k less is acceptable but I doubt this and maybe more ) Best really is to handcarry the items
                        I haven't experienced being overcharged by the post office except for P35 fee and with OR given. This is true for the 5 or 6 nuvis I bought for my co-workers. Only drawback is you have to wait up to three weeks for the units to arrive, but it's all worth the wait. On the contrary, I bought an external drive from ebay with UPS shipping and they charged me P1,600 for taxes

If you're willing to wait, the post office option is a good one. And I haven't lost a single item with them.

Comment

I agree with pokz the post office fee is just P35.00 and is the best option.

My 265WT is due to arrive this week. I bought it from ebay at $221 + 34.95 shipping, roughly 12k. Shipping is through USPS Priority Mail International Parcels. I also haven't lost a single item with them for the longest time that I have been buying on ebay...

Also if you use FedEx or DHL you will pay additional custom taxes..
                          This happened to me when I bought 4 books at amazon.. I paid custom fees to DHL worth P2319.60

So if you have patience try the post office option.

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                          I haven't experienced being overcharged by the post office except for P35 fee and with OR given. This is true for the 5 or 6 nuvis I bought for my co-workers. Only drawback is you have to wait up to three weeks for the units to arrive, but it's all worth the wait. On the contrary, I bought an external drive from ebay with UPS shipping and they charged me P1,600 for taxes

If you're willing to wait, the post office option is a good one. And I haven't lost a single item with them.

Comment

I agree with pokz the post office fee is just P35.00 and is the best option.

My 265WT is due to arrive this week. I bought it from ebay at $221 + 34.95 shipping, roughly 12k. Shipping is through USPS Priority Mail International Parcels. I also haven't lost a single item with them for the longest time that I have been buying on ebay...

Also if you use FedEx or DHL you will pay additional custom taxes..
                            This happened to me when I bought 4 books at amazon.. I paid custom fees to DHL worth P2319.60

So if you have patience try the post office option.
                            Thanks for the feedback, now I got confidence, time to scout for 76 csx

Comment

If you have relatives in the US, check first at the websites (Bestbuy, Radioshack, Walmart, etc), especially during their promo periods (Thanksgiving, Memorial day sale), then magpadala na lang kayo. Nuvi 205 can get as low as $99.

Comment

Working...
                              X