Garmin Screen Protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Screen Protector

Anybody know a good store that installs good screen protectors for Garmin devices and how much does it cost? Thanks for the help...

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
    Anybody know a good store that installs good screen protectors for Garmin devices and how much does it cost? Thanks for the help...
    hi sir,

jus something to think about... i'll be a little bit harder to press.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hmm, how bout the thing they sell, the big sheet of plastic screen protector... (Meron ata sa CDR King) kaso nga lang we'd have to cut it ourselves...

Comment

Doubt if that's avaible locally... What i did was buy the generic screen protector costing less than a hundred pesos. It's holding up okay although some sections in the edges are not sticking anymore probably because of a bad fit (you have to fit & cut it DIY). I learned later that you can make a good pattern by making a xerox copy of the GPS screen & use that as a pattern... HTH

Comment

P150 SM Sta. Rosa, the sales lady installed it for me. nice fitting and alignment. they thought it was something like big i-phone

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback.. I appreciate it...

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
              hi sir,

jus something to think about... i'll be a little bit harder to press.
              hi sir hbt, mine has a screen protector , it was given to me, 4.3" std screen protector for psp/ ds ? , abt 2 mm less in width & 1 mm in height. had installed it since i got my unit... not hard to press... same if w/o protector...just loaded a std. map on a 205 w/o screen protector earlier

Comment

Its a well worth investment.
                I did not have a screen protector before, then one day the suction cup holding the gps failed due to immense heat dropping my nuvi into my center console hitting screen first. Now it has a permanent scratch.

Comment

I have a 255 garmin. Bought a psp screen protector at cdr king. fits perfectly and it only costs 50 pesos

Comment

Hi alpha-q, you are right the psp screen protector fits perfectly.. I had mine installed at Game Gizmo here at SM MOA. It worked, thanks..

Originally posted by alpha-q View Post
                    I have a 255 garmin. Bought a psp screen protector at cdr king. fits perfectly and it only costs 50 pesos

Comment

mine came installed with anti glare kind (not the clear type). but i carelessly placed it inside my bag when i cant find the leather case. the protector got scratched a bit and now, im looking for the same kind of anti glare film.
                      Last edited by mahavishnu; 02-15-2010, 14:29.

Comment

how i made my screen pattern

hi,

just want to share to you how i made my pattern for the screen. just like the others, i bought the screen proctector from cdr king (not the flimsy one but the tough or chest xray film like protector). all you have to do is to let the clean edge of the paper on top of the edge of your screen. apply some pressure using your thumb enough to prevent the paper from sliding or moving on the screen. fold the paper using the other hand (index finger) to get opposite edge of the screen. repeat the process until u have the width and length of your screen. place your pattern on the table and you screen protector on top of it. use a cutter blade to cut the screen protector.

with the 17.4 screen protector i bought from cdr king and from the procedure mentioned above, i was able to cover the psp, nds, camera, and my gps unit. no wasted cuts.

hope this works for you too.

sam

Comment

i am looking for a screen protector also. And from the previous posts, a PSP screen protector would have a nice fit. thanks for sharing guys...best.

Comment

Originally posted by docsamcruz View Post
                            hi,

just want to share to you how i made my pattern for the screen. just like the others, i bought the screen proctector from cdr king (not the flimsy one but the tough or chest xray film like protector). all you have to do is to let the clean edge of the paper on top of the edge of your screen. apply some pressure using your thumb enough to prevent the paper from sliding or moving on the screen. fold the paper using the other hand (index finger) to get opposite edge of the screen. repeat the process until u have the width and length of your screen. place your pattern on the table and you screen protector on top of it. use a cutter blade to cut the screen protector.

with the 17.4 screen protector i bought from cdr king and from the procedure mentioned above, i was able to cover the psp, nds, camera, and my gps unit. no wasted cuts.

hope this works for you too.

sam
                            Another tip on how to get a pattern esp. for GPS handhelds: take a machine copy (xerox) of the screen of your GPS. That would serve as your pattern...

Comment

Bought a screen protector from CD-R King for 70 pesos -they call it Universal Gadget Screen Protector for screen sizes 1 to 5 inches. I found the grid pattern layer very useful in getting the desired screen size -you just have to have steady hands though in cutting the protector. Works well for me -it does not affect the touch screen sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X