Kalaklan Gate SBMA closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalaklan Gate SBMA closed

Starting June 21,2010 Kalaklan Gate SBMA will be closed due to construction of a new bridge.
    For those travelling to Subic and Zambales, you can use the Rizal Gate and the other one 14th Gate which will both pass to Olongapo town. (see attached gdb file)
    Attached Files

Pictures

From a mass email sent out by the Chamber today: Feb 8,2010

To: SBFCC Members

The scheduled closure of the Kalaklan Lighthouse Bridge, both for vehicles and pedestrians, had been moved to 16 June 2010. The closure was originally scheduled on 15 February 2010 for vehicles and 1 March 2010 for pedestrians.

The move was in response to the request of Olongapo City and the appeal of the business community. During the multi-sector meeting organized by the Chamber early last month and in the succeeding meeting held at the Olongapo City Hall, the potentially serious impact of the bridge closure on tourism was brought up and heavily discussed, especially because of the coming summer vacation.

According to SBMA’s Engineering Department, they already requested the contractor to reinforce the structurally weakened bridge. Only pedestrians and light vehicles will be allowed to cross, however. Mobilization has already begun and the construction will still start this month but will probably progress on a slower pace. It is expected that the completion, originally estimated on January 2011, will be somewhat delayed.

The Chamber will continue to provide updates as we receive new information.

Prof. Danny Piano
    President
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny2467 View Post
        Starting June 21,2010 Kalaklan Gate SBMA will be closed due to construction of a new bridge.
        For those travelling to Subic and Zambales, you can use the Rizal Gate and the other one 14th Gate which will both pass to Olongapo town. (see attached gdb file)
        Is this now open? It has been awhile since I visited Zambales.

Comment

Originally posted by ravewave View Post

yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by chaz2009 View Post
            yes it is
            Thanks, chaz.

Comment

yes it is now open and already routable in our map, i think since ver 2.0 or earlier

Comment

Thanks, chaz.

ur welcome

Comment

Working...
                X