Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagaytay Highlands is routable?

Kuyas,

I clicked on Tanauan Batangas going to Summit Ridge in Tagaytay and Mapsource created a route that passes through a gated enclave, Tagaytay Highlands, instead of the publicly accessible Ligaya Drive from Talisay. From the previous posts I read, I understand there should be a roadcut going to and from an area not readily accessible to the public so they wouldn't get routed there? Would like to know what the bosses think. Again, Merry Christmas!

Note: Purple route is the one Mapsource chose (going through unpaved road and then to Highlands). I mapped out the yellow route which is the one that's accessible to the public.
    Last edited by Triggerfish; 01-24-2012, 12:17.

Originally posted by Triggerfish View Post
    Kuyas,

I clicked on Tanauan Batangas going to Summit Ridge in Tagaytay and Mapsource created a route that passes through a gated enclave, Tagaytay Highlands, instead of the publicly accessible Ligaya Drive from Talisay. From the previous posts I read, I understand there should be a roadcut going to and from an area not readily accessible to the public so they wouldn't get routed there? Would like to know what the bosses think. Again, Merry Christmas!

Note: Purple route is the one Mapsource chose (going through unpaved road and then to Highlands). I mapped out the yellow route which is the one that's accessible to the public.

1. if you are familiar with the place, please make the proper correction. highland is a private place so if neccesary put a roadcut
    2. sometimes routing depends on the settings. e.g. faster time shorter distance (for info only)

thanks and happy holidays
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks, sir HBT. Will surely do that when I get the chance. Meanwhile, it is a slow crawl along Tagaytay ridge both ways today, which enabled me to forget driving for a while:sly: and concentrate on plotting new waypoints. Tagaytay doesn't lack for new establishments, it seems.

Comment

Check out this thread, very similar to your question:
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1179

I however can't figure out a conclusion for your question using the above link as basis, though from what I gathered from Kuya Jan's post, the main gate can still be kept open. There is another gate in midlands area that can be road cut, but I'm not sure what that will mean to those that use that gate going up highlands.

I'm surprised that your GPSr didn't choose Ligaya drive first, coz that is the nearer intersection. Triggerfish, try doing a "Detour" option in the future if you don't like what your GPS is routing you through, have done this a few times and gotten an alternative route.

Thanks for the info, at least I can tell my Mom "I told you so" she wanted to go up Tagaytay Highlands this morning, and I knew it would be a slow crawl.

You know what? I went up there last week, and didn't even bother to take Waypoints, thinking it is very well covered... so you are a better mapper than I am Then again I was going 50km/h when I went up then ! hehehe

TTFN
        Arvin

ps. here is a tip, Talisay town has no road names, I tried, but the road names were mostly erased. Anyone in that area during weekdays/workdays should try the Municipal hall and ask for their street map.. that will probably be around 20 to 30 road names there, easily
        Last edited by arvin555; 12-27-2010, 21:56.

Comment

we have to make a road cut somewhere. depends where highlands and midlands are normally accessed from. please upload most appropriate road cut location.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
            Check out this thread, very similar to your question:
            http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1179

I'm surprised that your GPSr didn't choose Ligaya drive first, coz that is the nearer intersection. Triggerfish, try doing a "Detour" option in the future if you don't like what your GPS is routing you through, have done this a few times and gotten an alternative route.

TTFN
            Arvin

ps. here is a tip, Talisay town has no road names, I tried, but the road names were mostly erased. Anyone in that area during weekdays/workdays should try the Municipal all and ask for their street map.. that will probably be around 20 to 30 road names there, easily
            Hi Arvin. I have read that thread, which is why I posted my query about Highlands. I can easily click detour, but my concern was that mapsource was able to route me to a restricted-access road. When I started contributing, I submitted the newly connected Nuvali-Laguna road to Mamplasan toll and enjoyed seeing in on the map for a while. Then I realized those without stickers couldn't pass through this access road, so I told Doki and Jan informed me to submit roadcuts (where the gate guards are located), since the map is for all and not especially for those with stickers/memberships. There's good logic in that, I think. Roadcuts should then be placed at the guard gate (Highlands entry above) and at the guard gate (midlands entry below). I guess the person who submitted this road wasn't aware of the above rationale for putting up roadcuts there.

Comment

Originally posted by Triggerfish View Post
              Hi Arvin. I have read that thread, which is why I posted my query about Highlands. I can easily click detour, but my concern was that mapsource was able to route me to a restricted-access road. When I started contributing, I submitted the newly connected Nuvali-Laguna road to Mamplasan toll and enjoyed seeing in on the map for a while. Then I realized those without stickers couldn't pass through this access road, so I told Doki and Jan informed me to submit roadcuts (where the gate guards are located), since the map is for all and not especially for those with stickers/memberships. There's good logic in that, I think. Roadcuts should then be placed at the guard gate (Highlands entry above) and at the guard gate (midlands entry below). I guess the person who submitted this road wasn't aware of the above rationale for putting up roadcuts there.

well... our map is a never ending correction hobby, that is why its fun.
              always just remember that we do this not just to help ourselves but more important, help others as well.

happy holidays and God bless
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Triggerfish. I know what you mean, if you were say, in the Sta. Rosa road junction, and you wanted to go down to Batangas, and you were roated through highlands only to find out that only members are allowed, it will actually put you back 15 minutes plus fuel used to get back to Ligaya drive.

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

I was about to contribute roadcuts to and from Highlands (both gates) when I noticed that the new 1.21 map has them already. I'm glad Roadguide continues to be very active! Congratulations and more power!

Comment

Working...
                  X