San Jose NE to San Juan La Union route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Jose NE to San Juan La Union route

Hi fellow Roadguiders, I'm planning to go to San Jose Nueva Ecija which is farther north of Munoz NE then proceed to San Juan La Union. Can I get some tips from the locals of RG in north for the ff: Here are my questions.

1. Coming from Balintawak- I would normally take Nlex and exit to San Simon then Apalit, Cabiao, Cabanatuan, Talavera, Munoz then San Jose. I think this is the best route unless you can recommend less traffic route (and safer).Or s it faster to take all the the Sctex and exit Tarlac and take the Sta Rosa Tarlac road going to Cabanatuan?

2. From San Jose, Bound for San Juan LU , I do not have any choice but to take (San Jose-Carmen Road)via Lupao, Umingan, Balungao, Rosales, carmen bridge to arrive and make right turn to Mac Arthur highway , Villasis, Urdaneta , Rosario, Agoo, San Fernando .......up to San Juan La Union. How's the road condition specifically from Lupao to Carmen? This is about 53 kms.

3. Any recommended hotel in San Jose Nueva Ecija? TIA

P.S. need to travel this Saturday
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jspalaroan; 01-05-2011, 20:32. Reason: add

i travel to la union at least 6 times a year and find it easier, faster, and safer to take SCTEX and exit tarlac, pass by victoria, guimba, then munoz. Also, note that passing by Cabanatuan and Talavera specially during the day will surely give you a headache due to excessive or slow-paced traffic (the road through these two are populated by tricycles and double-parked jeepneys loading on the side of the highway). Additionally, when you reach urdaneta, you can shorten your travel time more by taking a left turn in the 2nd traffic light to pass by manaoag-san jacinto-mangaldan-san fabian, instead of binalonan-pozzorubio-sison. This is because the latter route are not paved so well not to mention the fact that it's the usual route for buses and trucks (which makes travelling through this a lot slower).
    Last edited by jettp0gi; 01-07-2011, 07:09. Reason: add reason why cabanatuan-talavera is not recommended

Comment

Originally posted by jettp0gi View Post
      i travel to la union at least 6 times a year and find it easier, faster, and safer to take SCTEX and exit tarlac, pass by victoria, guimba, then munoz. Also, note that passing by Cabanatuan and Talavera specially during the day will surely give you a headache due to excessive traffic. Additionally, when you reach urdaneta, you can shorten your travel time more by taking a left turn in the 2nd traffic light to pass by manaoag-san jacinto-mangaldan-san fabian, instead of binalonan-pozzorubio-sison. This is because the latter route are not paved so well without mentioning the fact that it's the usual route for buses and trucks (which makes travelling through this a lot slower).
      Thank you. Noted your comments. I'll take Sctex and option either to take via Victoria or Aliaga-Quezon route (tracks broken in our RG Map-I have to get 1 sec track).

Comment

Here is the route I have taken if you are coming from San Jose NE and bound for further North like Baguio, La union etc...bypassing Urdaneta . Tracks attached are up to Binalonan only (Mac Arthur) This is the appropriate route to take.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X