Magilas trail to baguio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magilas trail to baguio?

Hi guys, i'm going to baguio in this coming april. I was browsing some forums telling that the fastest route to get there is thru "Magilas trail"

I was looking it in my garmin and it seems i cant find it. I think it is somewhere in rosales pangasinan. map is already at v1.22. can somebody help where can i find it or is it not yet on our map?
    Last edited by kicks4us23; 02-28-2011, 20:58.

magilas route

this is my first time to upload a garmin route so i dont know how it will come out. googling magilas route , i have drawn a rough sketch of the route.

I have been using these route usually nightime before (circa 2005 and before) and minsan lang kami nabato (nung naligaw kami ng ruta) sa ruta although its a fairly deserted route after lapaz.

I use this route to escape the traffic and the congestion and the constant overtaking along the macarthur highway.

I also use this route when there is major flooding on the macarthur highway after gerona to paniqui, and the binalonan urdaneta portion of the mc highway. Since its been a long time since i use this route (am out of the country ) road conditions may have changed already.
    Attached Files

Comment

sir thanks for the quick response! this is a rough sketch so does it mean the roads near/beside your rough sketch is the right route then? thanks

is it okay to take this route during midnight driving? i'll be leaving at around 11pm from manila.
      Last edited by kicks4us23; 03-02-2011, 13:16.

Comment

yes just follow the road alongside the sketch. google the magilas trail and there is a page there that gives you detailed directions and landmarks to look out for when you are following the route. Its fairly accurate.

If you are leaving at midnight, then it would be better to use the mac arthur highway, because the magilas route is longer and since you are unfamiliar with the route, the way is not much in use so there will be less people to ask for directions as you go along.

Its only during daytime that the advantage of using the long cut magilas route become usefull in terms of travel time and less hassle.

Back then i had no problem using it, even though the route is ussually deserted at night and i'm driving alone. The roads are good and during may there maybe some dis-corral dances along the way. Aside from the stoning incident, i lost a spare tire in ranger pickup when i hit a deep pothole on the road between pura and ramos. The road was flooded that time at night and so i did not notice the deep pothole, and after the bump did not feel anything about the spare tire getting loose because of the flood waters. BTW, I i usually use the route that goes to pura-ramos-paniqui route instead of the pura -guimba rosales route.

bong

Comment

i uploaded a route to rename the road for "magilas trail" some time ago but it got renamed after a later map update. anyway, as bongski mentioned you're better off taking the macarthur highway route. AFAIC, you don't really save alot. In addition to bongki's experience, some stretches are usually used as "solar grains drying facilities".
          Now if you would like to avoid that stretch of "wrinkled" black top after Sison and just before the Bued Bridge, you might want to use the Urdaneta-San Jacinto-Damortis, Rosario route. Once you get back on the MacArthur Highway, you could turn right towards the Rosario Junction, Rosario-Pugo Junction (both leading to Aspiras Hwy + Palispis Hwy which were formerly Marcos Hwy) or at the Saitan, Rosario Junction (leading to Kennon Road) or turn left towards the Agoo Junction which leads you to Aspiras Hwy + Palispis Hwy.
          hth
          ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Here is the 1 second track in Magilas Trail which i took long time ago bypassing Villasis and Urdaneta, final exit is Binalonan and macarthur highway.

Refer to this thread.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...7659#post47659

This would also help.

http://www.mb.com.ph/node/197255

Attached Files
            Last edited by jspalaroan; 03-19-2011, 23:25. Reason: add photo

Comment

Working...
            X